Wednesday 27 April 2016

A-Z Challenge - W is for.....

Hello again!

Today is W is for:


Double your money:
phrase - in gambling to place a bet and receive back double your bet, thus doubling the amount of money you started with

Also:
Double Your Money - a UK TV game show which ran from 1955 to 1968 where contestants could double their money with each question answered correctly up to a jackpot of £1,000, quite a lot back in the 1960s.


There are a lot of charts depicting gambling-related items, especially playing cards, but I have chosen to show you:

Fallout Gambling Perk by SpriteStitches (etsy)

Poker Game Board by LudivinePointDeCroix (etsy)

Las Vegas by NataliNeedlework (etsy)


My personal Ws include:
woolly jumpers - I'm partial to woolly jumpers as long as they are big, baggy and very snuggly!


And for my finished W pieces we have a trio:



 Witzy from Little Suzy's Zoo by DMC

These were started and finished just after Toby was born, although were stitched for Heather as she had (and still has!) a little Snuggle Chum duck which looks very similar to this character.


Tomorrow an X at which you will definitely groan!
Rachel x

10 comments:

Heather said...

So bad lol but pretty clever ;). I love the ducks!

Justine said...

You were right - a W with a groan! Those Witzy stitches are really sweet.

Preeti said...

Love all the three cute ducks:)

Unknown said...

I'm really glad you explained the Word, because it took me ages to get it! Maybe it's an accent thing... :)

Ros
Fangirl Stitches cross stitching A-Z
Travel like a Geek Harry Potter Tour

#HeatherMakes said...

Ahhh Witzy is so cute :D I love your W post! Have a great day

Heather

Mii Stitch said...

Awww those stitched little duckies are sooo cute!!!!

Linda said...

Cute charts Rachel but I NEVER double my money.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You can tell I've had children at Primary School for so long - I was thinking "wuh-money" because everything I do is in phonics not letter names LOL
The penny dropped eventually but sadly didn't double.
The little ducky is so cute. The Nursery class at our Primary are called Ducklings, all the classes are named after different water birds.

Brigitte said...

That would be nice if the words came true but it never happened, lol.
Witze is a real sweetie.

Unknown said...

This was a great one - Oh my goodness - it's almost over.