Tuesday 26 April 2016

A-Z Challenge - V is for.....

Good morning again!

For V we have:


C'est La Vie:
exclamation - used to express that you have accepted or resigned yourself to a situation in life which is difficult or unpleasant, a bit like "oh well".
origin - French and literally translated as "that's life"

Also:
c'est la vie - a well-used phrase in songs. I counted over 10 albums and 40 singles which have had this phrase as their title - and I only recognise one of them by Robbie Neville back in 1986.


I kept with a French connection so today's charts include:

C'est La Vie (can't find the maker)

Paris Skyline by ZGCrossstitchpattern (etsy)

Douce France by Luc Creations


My personal Vs include:
vegetarian - I have been a vegetarian for 28 years. Heather joined me a few years ago but Toby and hubby remain carnivores.
vertically challenged - I come in somewhere around the 5 foot, 1.5 meter mark and actually like this phrase. It brings a smile to people's faces when I say I'm vertically challenged rather than short!
volatile - at least that's what my family tells me my temper is like! Only sometimes I think!


I had to really shoehorn in a V finish today so am showing two very small projects!

After the Bath and Sparrow by Mouseloft

*Shock horror* I don't know when I actually stitched these! I'm guessing around 10 years ago. They're so cute and show what can be achieved with just a few stitches.I hadn't realised the sparrows were the same shape until I put them side-by-side!


A real groan of a W tomorrow.
Rachel x

9 comments:

Heather said...

Ha I love them! The Paris one is gorgeous!

Mii Stitch said...

Your very small finishes are so cute!!
I also like the Douce France design you have found.

Linda said...

Getting excited to see your finished alphabet Rachel. Your little finishes are adorable.

Linda

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful chart choices and interesting V info too. Very cute smalls!

Brigitte said...

What a great post, Rachel. And so full of French delight. But you shouldn't have shown this absolutely beautiful design Douce France I fell in love with immediately. I would love to stitch it right away but it's out of reach, price wise. C'est la vie.
Your very small projects are so sweet.

Preeti said...

Those sparrows are very cute!! :) it is the back stitching that can make anything out of blob of colorful stitching.
I find that there are many things I share with you. I am vegetarian and 5 ft too. Anyways, it is very common to come across vegetarians in India but yours came as a surprise :)

Justine said...

After reading Brigitte's comment I searched for the Douce France kit and could not believe the price! Glad I wasn't tempted!
Your little sparrows are so cute.

HBF said...

My cousin and I were just talking about baby carriers and one style I have is a ring sling wrap and I ordered mine with extra fabric so my hubby could use it and I could use the extra fabric as a nursing cover and she replied, "Well, we're both a bit vertically challenged here so I don't think that'll be necessary!" and I laughed out loud haha It is a very good phrase! I'm 5' 7" so above average for a girl ;o)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice French feel to the blog today!

I'm afraid I'm a carnivore too. I don't like vegetables and I have a cheese intolerance so I'd live on toast and cake LOL