Wednesday 1 September 2021

Tokyo Paralympics New Start #8 - Dragon no. 1

Hello again!

Because Tiff jumped ahead with her dragon yesterday ,and I'm missing a couple out, we got to stitch on the same one and, quite coincidentally, in similar(ish) colours!


Dragon no. 1 by StitchItPicasso (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Tin overdyed aida
Stitched with ThreadworX 1022 Rain Storm
Started - 31st August 2021
Stitching time to date - 1 hours 10 minutes


This colour is the lighter version of Cloudy Skies I used for Day 4. I had planned to make each dragon very different, but decided to swap the threads for this and the final project before realising the similarity. Oh well.

Top Paralympic Moment
The Men's 1500m T54 (wheelchair athletes with normal hands/arm use, some trunk use, no leg use) final has to be the top moment from yesterday. Not only was the world record broken but, out of the 10 competitors, 7 came in under the old world record time and every single one of them achieved a personal best. I expect this was a combination of track conditions, advanced wheelchair technology and the general adrenaline of the event, but I can't imagine results like that happen very often.

I'm now going away for a few days (not for work or pleasure) but still hope to keep up with these daily new starts and posts. Apologies in advance if I can't though.

Take care,
Rachel x

2 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Yay! I was hoping this would happen one day. Great start on this one.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great new start and wow, 7 people under the old world record?! I imagine advances in technology play an even bigger role in the paralympics.