Saturday 18 September 2021

French Country Butterfly - started and finished

Hi everyone,

During the last few months I have had to make a number of impromptu train journeys and occasionally stay away from home. Not wanting (very selfishly) to miss a day of stitching, I carried a small and easy project with me which I could pick up and continue without having to think about symbols and colours. The result is this:

French Country Butterfly by JBW Designs
Stitched on 16ct Rhododendron over-dyed aida
Stitch count 62 wide by 48 high
Started - 18th June 2021
Finished - 16th September 2021
Total stitching time 6 hours 55 minutes


The butterfly is stitched using ThreadworX 1094 Party Time variegated thread. I must admit, I'm very happy with the delicate result.

Take care,
Rachel x

4 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely finish to have, just shows that every minute counts.
I promise that I have read every single one of your posts from the last four weeks!
Also, they took my money! They did send me the Dragon charts and the Zodiac ones too which sort of fell into the basket.
Have you seen their Patreon? Looks like good value to me.

Faith... said...

It is a very nice finish Rachel.

Leonore Winterer said...

I know you probably said it mostly at a joke, but say it with me - carving out a couple minutes to stitch every day is not selfish, it's self-preservation!
Lovely butterfly. I can see how it made for great train stitching.

Tiffstitch said...

This is so pretty! And a great idea to have a travel project.