Friday 3 September 2021

Tokyo Paralympics New Start #10 - Dragon no. 3

Hi all!

For day 10 I started my final dragon. There are 12 in the set but two of them are not really to my taste so are being missed out. This one is in my top three favourites, I think.


Dragon no. 3 by StitchItPicasso (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Clover overdyed aida
Stitched with ThreadworX 11611 Tropical
Started - 2nd September 2021
Stitching time to date - 10 minutes


It's a very small start! I am not at home and stitching was not appropriate until late evening, by which time I was too tired to manage more than a few stitches. Such a shame, as was really looking forward to working on this dragon and this colour. The only consolation is that when I return to this WIP I'll have a lot of dragon and colour to look forward to!

Top Paralympic Moment
I saw absolutely no Paralympic action so have had to rely on round-up information to find a top moment. It seems that more world records tumbled in the pool during the various swimming heats and finals, but the highlight has to be China winning all five of the gold medals available in that day's table tennis finals. China tend to dominate table tennis in the able-bodied Olympics, and it seems their para athletes are just as good.

Another new start tomorrow...

Take care,
Rachel x

2 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

Sorry you got so little stitching time "today"! It's a pretty dragon, and with the pretty emerald colour it reminds me of a chinese dragon. Hope you'll get lots of work done on it soon!

Tiffstitch said...

Nice combination of fabric and thread, even in a small start it looks very striking.