Sunday 5 September 2021

Tokyo Paralympics New Start #12 - French Country Pumpkin

Hi all!

This is my penultimate start for the Tokyo Paralympics. I like these types of JBW Designs charts, not only because of their relative simplicity and the hidden icons, but because they stitch up fairly quickly and look fantastic in variegated threads. And what better colour thread to have for a pumpkin than Pumpkin Spice?


French Country Pumpkin by JBW Designs
Stitched on 16ct Lichen overdyed aida
Stitched with ThreadworX 10348 Pumpkin Spice
Started - 4th September 2021
Stitching time to date - 15 minutes


Unfortunately I didn't get to stitch much but, like some of the others, it means I've got more to look forward to when I return to it.

Top Paralympic Moment
It was my third day of seeing no Paralympic action, so my top moment has been picked from the headlines of the day again. And it goes to Omara Durand from Cuba who added the 200m gold medal to the golds she had already won in the 100m and 400m T12 category (high visual impairment, generally run with guides). I remember her reaction with her guide after winning the 100m so can only imagine how they must have reacted to her third gold. Their runner/guide relationship must be very special indeed.

Tomorrow's post will be my final start. It's similar, but different!

Take care,
Rachel x

2 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

Another great start, and great colour you picked!
Running with a guide sounds difficult. And the guides must be pretty fast themselves!

Tiffstitch said...

Nice start on a cool colour combo!