Thursday 2 September 2021

Tokyo Paralympics New Start #9 - Dragon no. 6

Hi all!

New start number 9 was mostly stitched on trains, which meant going at a slower pace than usual and often unpicking stitches as I missed the holes! I think this is my favourite dragon of the bunch:


Dragon no. 6 by StitchItPicasso (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Sweet Potato overdyed aida
Stitched with ThreadworX 10041 Deep Coral
Started - 1st September 2021
Stitching time to date - 2 hours 10 minutes


The colour of the thread is pinker than the photo shows and very much in-your-face. It's probably not one I would have chosen had I seen it in real life, but is variegated enough to do its job and will definitely stand out among the thunder of dragons I've started so far (did you know that a group of dragons was called a thunder?)

Top Paralympic Moment
I only caught about 15 minutes of the Paralympics, but in that time did see David Smith of TeamGB win the Boccia BC1 gold medal. His reaction of 'yeah' every time he threw a ball was comical, not in a laughing at him way but because of his pure enjoyment. Add that to his red and blue hair and I'm sure he's quite a character!

Hopefully back tomorrow.

Take care,
Rachel x

2 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

I used to do a lot of train stitching...man, I do miss traveling! Lovely new start.

Tiffstitch said...

I love this combo, and it will stand out very nicely. Also great news on GB's win!