Saturday 4 September 2021

Tokyo Paralympics New Start # 11 - French Country Squirrel

Hi again!

Something different today now that I have started all of the dragons I wanted to. This has been sitting on my to-do list for many years and now seemed an appropriate time to start it, given that it's another on which I wanted to use variegated thread:


French Country Squirrel by JBW Designs
Stitched on 16ct Lichen overdyed aida
Stitched with ThreadworX 10771 Autumn
Started - 3rd September 2021
Stitching time to date - 1 hour 10 minutes


I'm still away from home, but because I wasn't quite so tired I managed to make a fairly good start. From the bit I've stitched, at least it looks like a squirrel!

Top Paralympic Moment
Again, I saw no Paralympic action and, again, I noticed that world and Paralympic records have been tumbling in the pool, none more so than by Jessica Long. Jessica swims in the S8 category (amputations or cerebral palsy) and has now won 29 Paralympic Medals spanning five Paralympic Games. OK, she may have been only 12 when she made her Paralympic debut in 2004, but to stay at the top for 17 years is an achievement in itself! Here are her results:
Athens 2004 - 3 gold
Beijing 2008 - 4 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze
London 2012 - 5 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze
Rio 2016 - 1 gold, 3 silver, 2 bronze
Tokyo 2020 - 3 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze
And there's no sign of her slowing!

My penultimate new start tomorrow, and another JBW Designs chart.

Take care,
Rachel x

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

This looks like a lovely autumn design with the variegated thread.

Leonore Winterer said...

What a cute start! And so seasonally appropriate too.

Tiffstitch said...

A very fun new start, and another one that hopefully won't take too long to finish. That's an amazing athlete!