Saturday 4 September 2021

People's Choice SAL - Sewing

Hello all!

It's the first Saturday of the month so time for the People's Choice SAL run by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching. Continued thanks to Jo for hosting this unique SAL which has a different theme each month.



This month's theme is Sewing.

Well, apart from having actually stitched the stitching and sewn them to the fabric etc. to make FFOs, I haven't actually stitched, or got, any designs depicting anything to do with sewing - no bobbins, floss, needles, scissors, sewing machines etc. Nothing!

But I can't leave this post empty, so here are some designs I found which can be entered into this sewing theme:

Let's start off with a cute character which most of you will probably be familiar with; isn't she an absolute sweetie? But she's also lucky, needing no glasses or daylight lamp to stitch!!

Furry Tales Sewing Mouse by Lucie Heaton


Most of you are probably familiar with the name Ursula Michael and her 'words' designs. Here are two of her sewing-related charts:

Let's Stitch Some More and Let's Sew by Ursula Michael


This next chart has been around for ages. The design looks a bit out-dated now but it's still available for purchase so must still be popular. I believe anyone who has a cat or dog will have experienced this to some extent!

Maggie The Messmaker by Dimensions


And finally, something probably all of us enjoy - the purchasing or delivery of new threads, especially if they are speciality threads and/or there are a lot of them. Admit it - we all get that tingly feeling when sorting out new stash!

Sewer's Saying by Durene Jones


I hope you enjoyed my trawl through some sewing related designs. Next month's theme is Leaves.

Take care,
Rachel x

7 comments:

Marcy said...

I also haven't stitched much sewing related patterns. I like your sewing pattern finds.

Pamela said...

Well chosen pieces this month. I love the Ursula Michael pieces!

jocondine said...

Great words patterns, that sewing machine is amazing! Nice rainbow, the scissors look so real and twins to mine. xxx

Sheryl said...

Love the Ursula Michael embroideries

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I think Jocondine has posted enough pictures for everyone!
I do like Maggie the Messmaker. I think those designs would be fun to stitch because of all the details.

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm not sure I'll find a lot of sewing related projects either, but you found a great selection of patterns!

Tiffstitch said...

Nice choices! I don't think I've stitched on anything with sewing in it either.