Tuesday 31 August 2021

Tokyo Paralympics New Start #7 - Dragon no. 12

Helloooo!

Dragon number 7 represents the halfway mark of the Paralympics and the latest bunch of new starts by Tiff and myself. Check out Tiff's blog for her versions of the same dragons, also stitched in variegated threads.

For this dragon I chose a bold combination and made another good start whilst watching some archery, swimming and athletics:


Dragon no. 12 by StitchItPicasso (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Pixie Pink overdyed aida
Stitched with ThreadworX 1005 Cherries
Started - 30th August 2021
Stitching time to date - 2 hours 25 minutes


I love this colour - it's mouth-watering, just like its name suggests!

Top Paralympic Moment
There are still so many good moments each day; personal achievements, Paralympic and world records tumbling and great celebrations between the competitors, but for today's moment I'm going to choose the Men's 50m backstroke final in the S5 category (can use hands and arms but have limited or no use of trunk and legs) where China came in 1-2-3. It's not very often a country takes over the whole podium, but this was one race where one country dominated.

Back tomorrow.

Take care,
Rachel x

3 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

I love that! Great combo once again and that is very interesting about the podium sweep. I wish I had more ability to watch these events, but highlights are all I can get. I appreciate your updates.

Sheryl said...

Great start on pretty fabric. I too love watching the Paralympics.

Leonore Winterer said...

Those colours go really great together, I love them!