Saturday 7 August 2021

People's Choice SAL - Books

Hello all!

It's the first Saturday of the month so time for the People's Choice SAL run by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching. Continued thanks to Jo for hosting this unique SAL which has a different theme each month.



This month's theme is Books.

I love books but mainly children's books, which is handy for my job in Infant and Junior school libraries! My love of books seems to have (sort of) transferred to my love of stitching and I've often combined the two both with and without realising.

When I saw the theme of Books for this month I could have gone down the route of filling this post with numerous Harry Potter designs, but I've deliberately not included any as they have often appeared elsewhere.

Instead I am going to show designs containing books.

My only book finish is one of my favourite all time pieces; sometimes small and sweet is better:

Sleepy Book by Lili Of The Valley


And these are my top book-related WIPs:

Bookworm Fairy by Heaven And Earth Designs
(possibly never to be stitched on again, never say never)


Haunted Library by Mill Hill
(I really must return to this one but goodness knows when!)



Mouse Reading Book and Mouse With Pile Of Books
by CutePatternsByMaria
(I really must return to these too but, again, I have no idea when)


My stash includes a couple of charts by Heaven and Earth Designs which I am unlikely to ever stitch but I thought I'd show them anyway, because I still love the designs.

Story Keeper

So Many Books, So Little Time
(perhaps this is also a reflection of So Much Stash So Little Time!)


Two of my Tokyo Olympic New Starts also contain books. One was my second start and one will be my final start tomorrow. I won't show the first one again, but keep an eye out for the second one on Monday.

Next month's theme is Sewing.

Take care,
Rachel x

5 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

So many fun book projects! Why is Bookworm Fairy on hiatus? Curious because I have the mini unstarted if you'd like to do a SAL, maybe when Autumn is complete? I'll see if I can get up a post myself for this one. I must have some book WIPs!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. Love all your book themed stitching, especially the cute little mice. The Hannah Lynn fairy is lovely too, I'd like to see more of her but I imagine the confetti is quite tiresome!

Sheryl said...

Very pretty designs, love the tiny Sleepy book by Lili of the Valley and the little mouse, fun designs.

Leonore Winterer said...

I knew you'd have a great selection of bookish stitching! Love the Bookworm Fairy and surely hope she'll make a reappearance at some point.

เฮงเฮงรวยรวย said...

สล็อต 777

ด้วยกฎกติกา รูปแบบการเล่นเกมสล็อตออนไลน์นั้นเล่นง่าย สามารถเล่นได้ทุกเพศ ทุกวัย เหมาะสำหรับผู้ใช้ทั้งรายเก่าและรายใหม่ สามารถพกพาความสนุกติดตามไปได้ทุกที่ ไม่ว่าจะอยู่ที่ไหน
เพียงไม่กี่ขั้นตอน ก็สามารถเล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ได้ โดยยอดเครดิตใน User ของผู้เดิมพันเสมือนเหรียญที่หยอดในตู้สล็อต