Monday 2 August 2021

Tokyo Olympics New Start #10 - Mouse Reading Scroll

Hello again!

Day 10 already and all seems to be going well with the Olympics... unless, of course, the press have been banned from reporting anything negative! I know it was reported most Japanese did not want the Olympics to go ahead, but hopefully some of them have now changed their minds and have been enjoying the sporting events in their home nation.

For day 10 I started another Merry Mouse, not on a train this time, but from the comfort of my settee!


Mouse Reading Scroll from Merry Mice by CutePatternsByMaria (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Glacier over-dyed aida
Stitch count 55 wide by 31 high
Started - 1st August 2021
Stitching time to date - 1 hour 35 minutes


I only managed to stitch some of his head, but that's OK.


Fun Olympic Fact
There is no doubt that the USA has the largest medal haul in the history of the modern Olympics. However, that's a bit unfair when some countries have not competed as many times, and when border changes have meant some countries no longer exist and others have been born.
Therefore, a fairer way is to average out the medal haul by dividing the total by the number of times the country has participated. In which case, the USSR are/were the most successful medal-winning country in the history of the summer Olympics.

[Oh, I LOVE statistics, and could become lost studying the fascinating medal tables I have found!]

Take care,
Rachel x

4 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Nice start on another cute one! And one with a good chance of a finish too since it's petite.

The medal tables are interesting! I was really engrossed when I was reading about the 1500m race and winners.

Cathy said...

Cute little mouse!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Another cute mouse.

If I was in Japan, I'd be isolating at home until everyone had gone! My area is already suffering because they had a festival down the road and despite regular tests, the virus is spreading again.

Leonore Winterer said...

That's a cute start!

I love statistics too! It's really hard to make them fair in this case though, countries are so different in terms of population, funds for training, school systems (encouraging kids to take up competitive sports), even diet!