Thursday 5 August 2021

Tokyo Olympics New Start #13 - Russia

Hi all!

More Olympic sporting action on in the background yesterday, some of which I just let play (eg boxing) and some of which I actually stopped to watch, including athletics and the skateboarding for some reason.

My new start continued my journey around the world, this time stopping off in Russia:


Russia from A Journey Around The World by Soda Stitch
Stitched on 18ct Around The World over-dyed aida
Stitch count 73 wide by 71 high
Started - 4th August 2021
Stitching time to date - 1 hour 30 minutes


I'm so grateful I managed more than 5 minutes on this one!


Fun Olympic Fact
Dimitrios Loundras holds the record as being the official youngest male competitor and official youngest male medallist in the summer Olympics. He was 10 years and 218 days old when he was part of Greece's bronze-winning gymnastics team in the 1896 Athens Olympics.
For women, the same two records are held by Luigina Giavotti who was 11 years and 301 days old when she helped the Italian gymnastic team win silver in the 1928 Los Angeles Olympics.

Take care,
Rachel x

4 comments:

Cathy said...

I like these so much that I bought them yesterday! Where did you get the fabric?

Tiffstitch said...

Nice start on another fun one! And I don't think those records will be broken since the Olympics requires the young athletes to turn 14 in the year the Olympics are held.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That fabric is great for this series.

Leonore Winterer said...

Another cute start - I just love the whole series!