Sunday 1 August 2021

Tokyo Olympics New Start #9 - Mouse Lighting Candle

Hi all!

Not much watching of the Olympics yesterday as I wasn't at home and couldn't really have the TV on where I was. I'm sad to have missed a day, but admit I've been extremely lucky to have caught as much as I have so far.

My new start was a mouse you might recognize. He's one of a set of 30 mice designs, two of which I started last year during the Spring Into Summer New Start Binge. This is the first of two I will be starting during the Tokyo Olympics:


Mouse Lighting Candle from Merry Mice by CutePatternsByMaria (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Glacier over-dyed aida
Stitch count 39 wide by 70 high
Started - 31st July 2021
Stitching time to date - 1 hour 30 minutes


I started with the easy bit and didn't make a bad start considering it was stitched on early morning trains!

Another mouse to come tomorrow.  :)

Fun Olympic Fact
At the moment, Athens 2004 holds the record for being the hottest Summer Olympics with temperatures reaching an average of 27.6C and a high of 34.2C. During the Tokyo Olympics, daily temperatures are forecast to be between 30C and 35C so will easily take the record; no wonder the athletes all look so exhausted!

Take care,
Rachel x

6 comments:

Linda said...

Love your mice Rachel.

Linda

Tiffstitch said...

Great start on this one and hope the trip went well. Very cute design too. I do feel for some of the athletes, like the BMX riders in full protective gear and helmets. It must be brutal.

Cathy said...

Cute mouse! I'm behind on reading blogs so haven't been commenting much, but you've had some great starts! I've also enjoyed your fun facts!

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a cutie :-)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I like this little mouse series.

Leonore Winterer said...

What a cute mouse! Do you think he's lighting an olympic candle there?