Saturday 31 July 2021

Tokyo Olympics New Start #8 - Korea

Hi again!

So today there was no gymnastics :( but there was a tiny bit of trampolining, so that sort of made up for it. And then I just caught snippets of whatever was on in the background; football, hockey and the start of the athletics.

I took a step backwards with my start today, starting the letter K project I skipped yesterday:


Korea from A Journey Around The World by Soda Stitch
Stitched on 18ct Around The World over-dyed aida
Stitch count 77 wide by 66 high
Started - 30th July 2021
Stitching time to date - 40 minutes


I love the little pagoda(?) and was really hoping to stitch more, but a tiny start is better than nothing.

The next two days will involve a little break from travelling around the world and consist of absolute cuties - what else!!!

Fun Olympic Fact
Detroit is the city with the most unsuccessful bids to host the Summer Olympics with 7 attempts between 1944 and 1972. Budapest have tried six times between 1916 and 2024, and Istanbul have tried 5 times between 2000-2020. Istanbul's continued determination to become host city must be admired, but since the Olympics for 2024, 2028 and 2032 have been agreed their next chance won't now be until at least 2036!

Take care,
Rachel x

5 comments:

Linda said...

Those designs are really cute.

Linda

Tiffstitch said...

Oh fun! I wondered which K it would be. I love the pagoda!

Clare-Aimetu said...

I'm very behind in blog reading so haven't seen your other projects but this looks so cute, happy stitching

Leonore Winterer said...

What a fun start! Hope you'll get to work on it again soon.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice start! I can see why Detroit was unsuccessful, it's not exactly on most people's "must visit" lists!