Friday 23 July 2021

Christmas In July Update

Hi all!

Now that it's (finally) time for the (much more low-key) Tokyo 2020 Olympics, my stitching for Christmas In July is at an end.

My pace has picked up to an average of an hour a day, allowing time to finish one Christmas piece and make a good start on another, both by Lizzie Kate.

The finished piece I'll show in the monthly Smalls SAL, but here's the new start:


Merry Christmas By The Letter by Lizzie Kate
Stitched on 16ct Golden over-dyed aida


This is what it will look like when finished:



I will add the buttons after all the stitching has been completed, and finally (whenever that may be) create some sort of gold beaded border rather than the white stitched one suggested.


So now I have the Tokyo Olympic new start binge coming up, which is perfect timing as I finish work today for the six week school summer holiday. I'm hoping to post my new starts daily, but life is still very much up in the air at the moment so who knows. But 17 (more) new starts... I can't wait!!!

Take care,
Rachel x

6 comments:

Linda said...

Great start Rachel.

Linda

Cathy said...

I have that Lizzie Kate somewhere in my stash, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you've chosen for your Olympic starts.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great start, and looking forward to seeing your finish! And all the Olympic starting, of course, that's always fun. Perfect timing with school holidays too!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a lovely Christmas start. I think gold beads will look lovely round the edges.

Faith... said...

Very nice Christmas stitch!

Astrids dragon said...

Great start, I really like this one! I think making the border in gold will look good.