Saturday 3 July 2021

People's Choice SAL - Houses

Hello all!

It's the first Saturday of the month so time for the People's Choice SAL run by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching. Continued thanks to Jo for hosting this unique SAL which has a different theme each month.



This month's theme is Houses.

At first I thought I wasn't a big fan of houses - mention cross stitching and houses in the same sentence and I immediately think of red brick houses in traditional samplers. But then I looked through my lists and noticed houses do appear, usually for Halloween but also a couple of other times.

Let's start with the non-Halloween ones, which would not have been stitched were they not part of a set:

September Stamp by Lizzie Kate

Day 20 from JBW's Advent Calendar
(a teeny-weeny house!)


And then on to the many spooky Halloween houses which were stitched because I love the designs or colours:

Green Halloween Banner by Artecy
(more of a castle than a house, but still a home!)

Haunted House Bell Pull by Stoney Creek
(one of my top twenty favourite pieces)

Mini Midnight Manor by Waxing Moon Designs

Midnight Manor by Waxing Moon Designs


And one final one, because houses don't just have to be for humans:

In The Dog House by Durene Jones


In the way of stash, the houses waiting to be stitched include:

Yellow Halloween Banner by Artecy

Winter Silhouette by Imaginating

Haunted House Welcome by Stoney Creek


Out of those, the Stoney Creek is priority, but I really need to get my needle moving at an incredible rate if I'm ever going to stitch it, or any of the above!

Next month's theme is Books.

Take care,
Rachel x

3 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

Nice collection! I think most of my houses where Halloween-themed as well.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I love all your houses, especially the spooky ones!

Astrids dragon said...

One can never have too many Halloween themed houses, I love all of yours!