Sunday 25 July 2021

Tokyo Olympics New Start #2 - The Burrow Snow Globe

Me again!

Day 2 of the Olympics involved me watching mainly archery, gymnastics and swimming. To accompany my armchair participation I started this lovely piece, one of a set of eight Harry Potter themed snow globes. This is The Burrow, home to the ginger-haired and rather numerous wizarding Weasley family.


The Burrow Snow Globe by MIYAstitch (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Grey Swirl over-dyed aida
Stitch count 66 wide by 83 high
Started - 24th July 2021
Stitching time to date - 3 hours 15 minutes


For this one I stitched the outside of the globe and then started filling in from the top. I'm again really happy with the amount stitched so far.


Fun Olympic Fact
South Korean women totally rule the archery - they have won every team gold medal since 1998 and all but one individual gold medal since 1984 (compared to the men who have won only 5 and 2 respectively). I guess each year there's more and more pressure to keep up the winning streak, and they started this Olympics well, winning the inaugural mixed team event. 

Day 3 tomorrow and another dragon :)

Take care,
Rachel x

7 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Ooo, another one to add to the wish list! And that was amazing watching the mixed teams yesterday in archery. Such focus for the S. Korean athletes to get the win.

Linda said...

Another cute start Rachel.

Linda

Leonore Winterer said...

That's a great one! Do you have any of the other 7 on our list? I'm curious to find out!

Faith... said...

You got a lot started on this one! I too would like to see if you have the other seven in your lineup.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is fabulous! I really like this style of design and a nice start too.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh no, another one that's so tempting! I'm looking forward to seeing this one come together.

Unknown said...

Love this, but struggling to fine...