Tuesday 27 July 2021

Tokyo Olympics New Start #4 - France

Hello again!

On day 4 of the Olympics I managed to catch a bit of archery, diving, gymnastics, swimming and triathlon. I really like the archery, just a shame it's over with so quickly.

During the Olympics I thought it would be nice to go 'around the world' and contemplated starting a bunch of Satsuma Street's Pretty Little Cities. But they're far too big for a starting binge. However, the idea of going around the world stuck, and I found a smaller (and sickly-cute) set by Soda Stitch.

I also found some brilliant fabric to match, although it's well out of my comfort zone. I don't think I've made a mistake as Soda Stitch designs are quite colourful and should become prominent over the busy fabric.

I only started stitching late in the evening so didn't get much done, but even without the completed picture as reference it might be obvious which icon I'm stitching:



France from All Around The World by Soda Stitch
Stitched on 18ct Around The World over-dyed aida
Stitch count 76 wide by 72 high
Started - 26th July 2021
Stitching time to date - 40 minutes


Fun Olympic Fact
Ask people how long an Olympic-sized swimming pool is and the majority will answer 50m. Well, it is... and it isn't! The length has to be 50m between the touch pads so, since the touchpads are about 1cm thick, the actual length of an Olympic-sized swimming pool where touchpads are used is 50m 2cm.

Take care,
Rachel x

4 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

That is interesting! I would have said 50m as well. Nice little start on this one and I think the fabric will work well.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, great start! And LOVE the fabric! I actually have that one bookmarked for an around-the-world project myself.

Faith... said...

Very cute Paris start!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's an adorable Paris design. I'm surprised you couldn't find a Paris in a Bottle though!