Wednesday 25 August 2021

Tokyo Paralympics New Start #1 - Dragon no. 9

Hi all!

No, you didn't misread the title of this post, but if I blamed Tiff, would you believe me?

If I said Tiff flew over The Pond, knocked on my door, twisted my arm and forced me into starting another bunch of projects to coincide with the Tokyo Paralympics, would you believe me?

Thought not!

Actually, neither of us took much convincing, so your thinking that Tiff and I are completely insane is perfectly justified! But what the heck, The Olympics is only once every four years, and it's our way of cheering along the competitors.

For this bunch of new starts we've both chosen to use variegated threads to stitch the same 'quick and easy' projects. The only difference is, Tiff will be using more colourful threads than me. It'll be interesting to compare and contrast them as we go.



So here's start number one:


Dragon no. 9 by StitchItPicasso (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Rhododendron overdyed aida
Stitched with ThreadworX 1089 Bleeding Hearts
Started - 24th August 2021
Stitching time to date - 3 hours


The red is a little bit darker than I hoped, but this makes the dragon a bit more intimidating, I think.

Top Paralympic Moment (instead of Fun Olympic Fact)
The Paralympic opening ceremony was just as enjoyable and subdued as the one for the Olympics, but I especially loved how the national flags were projected onto the ground during the athletes' entrance, and their names were scrolled around the stadium. That was a nice touch and I'd love to see it at future events.

See you tomorrow!

Take care,
Rachel x

5 comments:

Linda said...

Cute start Rachel.

Linda

Cathy said...

I love the color of the fabric you're using for this one.

Tiffstitch said...

Great start on this one! I love the matching fabric with threads.

Leonore Winterer said...

Nice to see you up for another starting challenge! Don't kid yourself, though...there are always the winter olympics to look forward to ;)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I am really far behind with commenting so won't be leaving one on every post.
But these dragons - shut up and take my money!!!