Monday 9 August 2021

Tokyo Olympic New Start #17 - Witch's Hat Shelf

Hi all!

So here it is already, the final new start of my 17 day Tokyo Olympic Stitching Challenge. It's gone quickly, but I suppose that's what happens when you're a bit of an Olympic addict. I think I watched a bit of just about every sport and loved the closing ceremony which, like the opening one, was reflective of the current situation. Goodbye Tokyo, and thank you!

And now I also need to say a big thank you to Tiff for joining me on this challenge. I haven't mentioned her at all, and that's been really bad of me. Please visit her blog and admire all of her new starts. She's also written interesting information about a different sport each day, and they're definitely worth a read.

So here's my final new start:


Witch's Hat Shelf by CrossStitchAlexaKiss
Stitched on 16ct Wolf over-dyed aida
Stitch count 51 wide by 55 high
Started - 8th August 2021
Stitching time to date - 1 hour 30 minutes


Not a bad start for one night.


Fun Olympic Fact
GB does not financially reward its athletes for collecting a medal at the Olympics, but a lot of countries do. Here's a random selection of how much an athlete can expect if they return home from the Olympics with a gold medal. All are in US$: Singapore $737,000, Indonesia $346,000, Italy $213,000, Spain $111,000, Japan $45,000, USA $37,500, Canada $16,000. France currently offers $76,000 but I wouldn't be surprised if that dramatically increases for their home games!


So now this new start binge is over and my life's gradually beginning to return to 'normal' I've got a lot of catching up to do... I'm four months behind with both A Monarch A Month and The Loneliness Of Autumn, and even further behind with blog reading and emails, so those must all take precedence.

But to show I'm still a little bit totally crazy, Tiff and I are already in discussion about what to do from 4th to 20th February during the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics... and then it's only 1082 days until Paris 2024... perhaps another 17 new starts for each???!!! Or not!

Take care,
Rachel x

4 comments:

Faith... said...

Oh I love this one!! Glad to hear you enjoy the Olympics. That is something we never grew up watching and I really can't get into since I don't like sports but I am always surprised at the number of people who watch it religiously. On the streaming app I use they even had a channel dedicated to the Olympics. You are a bit crazy - LOL but that is what makes you the Rachel we like and since we enjoy your stitching please, start picking out your next 17!

Hope things are settling down for you. Now I need to go to Etsy to see about that chart...

Tiffstitch said...

Nice start! I love this one to finish with too. I hope you get a lot more stitching time and can catch up a bit. That's true it's only a few months away for the next one. I probably don't need more charts...

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great final start! Another cute series.
We reward our gold medal winners by painting a postbox gold!
Can't wait to see your next challenge. You could always stitch each of these starts for another day each?

Leonore Winterer said...

Fun new start! Now I hope you'll have just as much fun getting caught up with everything :)

Only 6 months until the next Olympics?! Maybe if I get planning now, I'll manage to join in on the fun this time.