Thursday 26 February 2015

Stitch From Stash - Febraury 2015

Hello everybody, especially SFSers!

February was almost a budget nightmare! I could easily have blown the budget to smithereens by purchasing all the threads I needed for my February Challenge pieces. But I was good and decided to purchase a few each month in order to stay within budget. :)

Here are the financial details:

BROUGHT FORWARD - £9.87
FEBRUARY BUDGET - $25 = £16.60 (at 01/02/2015 exchange rate)
AVAILABLE TO SPEND - £26.47
SPENT - £23.23
EARNED - $4.00 = £2.66
CARRIED FORWARD - £5.90


Spending:
* £22.23 on threads, specifically for the 28 February new starts
* £1.00 for dinosaur abc chart from ebay

Qualifying projects worked on (charts older than 6 months):
* spring
* coffee
* star trek TOS
* summer
* cream
* canal crossing
* puddle duck
* clue
* autumn
* sugar
* the lock
* evil minions
* winter
* tea
* milk train
* waterlogged
* my treasure

Non-qualifying projects worked on (charts purchased within the last 6 months):
* winter owl
* gryffindor
* pretty little london
* polar bears
* hufflepuff
* red foxes
* ravenclaw
* pretty little paris
* spotted owls
* slytherin
* pandas

Qualifying projects completed:
* Lizzie Kate February flip-it stamp (chart gifted October 2014) = $4

Non-qualifying projects completed:
* none


Now the starting frenzy of the Challenge is over I can return to my focus pieces. Hopefully I will also finish a couple of Challenge starts in March in order to boost my budget!

Happy stitching
Crazy Rachel x

10 comments:

Caitlin D said...

Nicely done! With starting so many new projects I can't imagine all the thread that had to be purchased. :-)

Linda said...

Good job staying in budget Rachel.

Linda

Justine said...

Well done on being restrained and staying within budget! I'm sure you'll be earning finishes soon.

Justine said...

Well done on being restrained and staying within budget! I'm sure you'll be earning finishes soon.

Pull the other thread said...

Great job on planning the best way to stick to your budget.

Kate said...

Congrats on staying within budget! I skirt the line every month. You stitched on a lot of pieces this month; hopefully they'll help you earn extra dollars soon.

Mii Stitch said...

All things considering, I'm amazed you've managed to stay within budget! Well done!!!
Some of them will be finished pretty soon (don't forget that little duck!) so the rewards will be coming in handy x

Faith... said...

Lots of stitching going on there! Congrats for staying within your budget...and thinking of a way to stay within it for your threads!

Ruth said...

Congrats at your accomplishments. I apparently excel most in stashing not stitching. Sigh.

Brigitte said...

It's always hard to stay within the budget, and it's not only about charts. Although I could buy charts each and every month, lol. Well done in February, Rachel.