Wednesday 4 February 2015

DSDUCJFC 2015 - Day 34

Good morning!

Today's start was appropriate for the weather. We awoke to about half an inch of snow and amazingly the schools remained open and life seemed to go on as normal! Not that I'm cynical or anything but us Brits can't usually cope with such "adverse" weather conditions!!!


Winter Owl
UAHomeMade (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Misty Blue Aida 2 over 1


I thought I'd start with this little owl's face. I love his nose sitting above the scarf and wanted his eyes watching me as I stitch. I hope you don't find them too creepy!

Also, when I get there, I plan to add Kreinik into the white (or perhaps all of the) snow for an added bit of sparkle.

Happy stitching,
Crazy Rachel x

12 comments:

Irene said...

che meraviglia! simpaticissimo!

Annie said...

Not creepy, but adorable! Great idea adding Kreinik to the snowy stitches.

Mii Stitch said...

Sweet little owl. Really like you idea of blending Kreinik for the snow, it should really look the part :)

Pull the other thread said...

Ah so cute!!! Love it. I felt a little like this guy this morning trying to get out of bed. My nose was just poking above the covers :-)

Katie said...

Now he can look at ya and beg ya to stitch him faster. Adorable! Perfect for our cold here too.

Tricia T said...

LOL! This is a hoot! ;)

sew.darn.quilt said...

This little fellow would fit in here too! It's freezing but those eyes are melting my heart!

Tina said...

So cute!

Linda said...

Like this one so much Rachel I had to buy it.

Linda

Justine said...

Gorgeous! I'd never heard of this designer before but will look out for them. My Cut Thru North Pole House had Kreinik blended in the snow and it looks fabulous. Your owl will definitely benefit from some added bling!

Unknown said...

Such big eyes he has lol love him.

The Crafty Princess said...

LOL I find those eyes very creepy but in a good way! You have some amazing projects going. Love this one too.
xo Alicia