Thursday 21 March 2024

Mischievous March New Start #3 - March Biscornu

Morning all!

So having looked through a list of potential new starts, I decided that they were all too big if I wanted to keep to the idea that all Mischievous March new starts should be small. So what to do?



Well, I went back to an old friend - variegated thread - so that I could stitch another biscornu.

It wasn't my intention to stitch the months in order, nor to stitch them as birthstones (as the designer intended) nor in colours relevant to the month. However, having done a lovely-dovey coloured theme for February, and starting this on St Patrick's Day, I thought why not?

So here is the start of March's biscornu. The thread sort of resembles the green of Ireland with the yellow being the Leprechaun's gold and the brown being the pot. And it's stitched on a fabric called Clover, so there are the Irish connections!

March Biscornu by Magical Quilts And More
Stitched on 16ct Clover overdyed aida with Jodyri thread 194 Toxic Banana
Stitching time to date - 2 hours 35 minutes


I love how it's looking so far.

No idea what start number 4 will be yet!

Take care,
Rachel x

5 comments:

Mary said...

I love biscornus. I can't wait to see your's finished. The color and thread is so pretty.

Faith... said...

I love your floss and how you worked in the colors and what they stood for.

Katie said...

Great idea. Love it!

Astrids dragon said...

Well, you've ceraintly chosen all the appropriate colours for March! I look forward to seeing this finished.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh that's a cute March start!