Wednesday 13 March 2024

Mischievous March New Start #2 - Halloween Pumpkin

Morning all!

Weekend, and start, number two of Mischievous March 2024 has been and gone.



This week I chose a Halloween project. It's one from a set of four designs, two of which I completed in 2016 and the other two of which have been on my to-do list since. I thought this would be a good time to start another.

And here it is. I spent one day on the border and one day on the pumpkin. Ideally I would have liked to have completed the border but, seeing as it's called Halloween Pumpkin, I thought I'd better actually stitch some of the pumpkin itself!

Halloween Pumpkin (Cross Stitch Crazy magazine chart - date unknown)
Stitched on 16ct Azalea overdyed aida
Stitching time to date - 3 hours 50 minutes


I love how the pumpkin, at the moment, looks a bit like a crescent moon wearing a party hat!

I think I've decided on the third Mischievous March start but as it's not a small-small I'm not totally sure. Still a couple more days to decide.

Take care,
Rachel x

6 comments:

Pamela said...

You’ve made a great start.

Katie said...

Halloween so of course I love it. I agree with you about the moon and party hat.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, I love how the orange POPS on the purple! Great choice.

Faith... said...

Great start on the pumpkin Rachel!

Mary said...

I love it, but then again I love Halloween and fall stitching.

Astrids dragon said...

I love anything Halloween, the colours are great in this one!