Wednesday 6 March 2024

Mischievous March New Start #1 - Japan (Mount Fuji) Bauble

Morning all!

For the last three years I have treated myself to a Mischievous March mini new start binge so, not wanting to break with 'tradition', this year is no exception!



If you remember, the idea of Mischievous March is to start a small project each weekend during the month, with the aim of also finishing them all during the month, or reasonably soon afterwards, hence the emphasis on 'small'.

Looking back, 2021 and 2023 were successfully completed but I still have three of the four new starts left from 2022, so I've been far from perfect!

This year I have had terrible trouble deciding which projects to start. I don't think I've ever changed my mind so often! But for week one I finally chose a small bauble. I'm not going to stitch the bauble hanger, instead just add a top row to make the image a circle. Here's how the finished piece will look, and my start over the weekend:


Japan (Mount Fuji) Bauble by 1000sPatterns (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Cloud Spring Sky overdyed aida
Stitching time to date - 3 hours 30 minutes


I'm really happy with that start.

Now to decide what to start for week two; with only three days left I still have no idea!

Take care,
Rachel x

7 comments:

Pamela said...

This is great! I see Mt. Fuji from my apartment in Shizuoka Japan. You have chosen the perfect new start!

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, that's a great one, and you got an substantial amount stitched up already, as well!

Katie said...

Fun start. Good luck with your decisions. Sometimes I swear that's the hardest part for me too.

Faith... said...

Very cute start to March that you finally settled on! Good luck picking out the ones for the remainder of March. Finally deciding on something whether it is picking a project or changing colors seems to be paralyzing me every time lately and it takes even longer because I have to ask around for other people's opinions only to go with my original thought!

Mary said...

Very pretty start.

Tiffstitch said...

Love the start on this one!

Astrids dragon said...

What a lovely piece, very pretty.