Monday 13 November 2023

Naughty November New Start #2 - Moonset Ornament 2

Hello everyone!

It's week 2 of Naughty November 2023, a very naughty mini new start binge.



Last week I made a good start on 'Gate', and continued with progress during the week. But on Saturday I put that one down in order to start the second ornament - Cenotaph - the ornie on the right. How apt that it should be the Cenotaph for Remembrance Day.



Taking Saturday as a self-care day, here's my really good start over the weekend:

Moonset Ornament 2 'Cenotaph' by Whispered By The Wind
Stitched on 32ct Vintage Dark Grey Murano
Stitching time to date - 6 hours 50 minutes


For this one, I subbed the colours of the cenotaph to match those of the previous WBTW designs I've stitched. Admittedly they are a lot less subtle, which is probably a mistake for that haunting effect, but I prefer these colours (although do admit the Cenotaph looks a bit like a skyscraper at the moment!)

With a fair amount already done, it's quite possible this could be a finish before next weekend... who knows?

Take care,
Rachel x

6 comments:

Katie said...

I like the brighter colors. Yes for now definitely a skyscraper look haha. Great new start though!

Fortune said...

Thanks for being a beacon of knowledge. Your post was truly enlightening.

Tiffstitch said...

Good luck on the potential finish! Excellent start.

Faith... said...

I didn't know what Cenotaph meant so thanks for that little lesson! It really does look like a building here in this post but hopefully by now it looks more like the monument (?) it is intended to be!

Have a good stitching week!

Leonore Winterer said...

I learnt a new word today...not sure how useful it's going to be moving forward, but I know it now, so thank you! What a great start.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Even with the different colours, I think it still looks good on that fabric.