Wednesday 1 November 2023

Gatekeepers - 20 hours

Hi again!

So Dark October has finished and I think I did quite well! I completed 10 hours on Haunted Library, finished Deathly Hallows In A Bottle, and made lots of progress on Gatekeepers by Whispered By The Wind.

I started Gatekeepers in 2020 and added one bird during April's A-Z Challenge, meaning I picked it up here after 5h 35m of stitching:



It didn't take long to reach the 10 hour mark:



And then I finished the month having reached 20 hours:



The birds are stitched in normal DMC, and the gates are a blend of DMC and Etoile to give them a bit of sparkle. The DMC/Etoile blend is a combination I really enjoy using (especially for Christmas projects) and would highly recommend. I just wish there were more than 35 Etoile colours!

I really don't want to put this WIP down, but am going to because that's the end of Dark October.

Naughty November is now looming, and this year I feel more naughty than ever! But more about that in my first Naughty November post on the 6th.

Take care,
Rachel x

3 comments:

Katie said...

I don't know why but I just love this one. I love those old iron gates. So creepy. So detailed. Great stitching!!

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, that's some very nice spooky stitching there!

Tiffstitch said...

Nice work on this one to get so far along, looks amazing!