Monday 6 November 2023

Naughty November New Start #1 - Moonset Ornament 1

Hello everyone!

Shhh. No, I just couldn't resist the lure of Naughty November, a mini new start binge I have been trying to do for a few years.



The idea of Naughty November is to start a small-ish project during each of the four weekends of the month, with the aim of also finishing them during the month, or soon after - hence the emphasis on 'small-ish'.

I know you'll think I'm mad for starting four new projects when I need to catch up on a lot of things, and you're right! Realistically, me resisting the lure of a new start... or four... was never going to happen.

I couldn't do NN last year, but in 2021 I stitched the four designs from the Moonrise leaflet by Whispered By The Wind. Remember these?




This year I am hoping to complete the four designs from the accompanying Moonset leaflet:



As with my other Whispered By The Wind designs, I am adding Etoile to the moons and gates for a little bit of sparkle. 

I've chosen to work from largest to smallest, naming them Gate, Cenotaph, Cross and Lamppost. Here's my weekend start on Gate, the second from the right:

Moonset Ornament 1 'Gate' by Whispered By The Wind
Stitched on 32ct Vintage Dark Grey Murano
Stitching time to date - 4 hours 30 minutes


Not a bad start. Wonder how far I'll get before starting number two next weekend?

Take care,
Rachel x

5 comments:

Katie said...

Nooo. These are adorable. I love them all! Why do I follow you since our tastes are so similar. New starts always make me happy too haha. Enjoy!

Faith... said...

Love your picks for Naughty November! Hope you get in some good progress in.

jocondine said...

This Naughty November sounds so great (would love to join but with birthdays gifts and Christmas early stitchings not enough time). The patterns you choose are really nice, the fabric perfect and I hope for closer view soon to see all the details. xxx

Leonore Winterer said...

These designs are great - it's amazing how many of them there are, but you sur seem to be having fun with this type of design! Great start for the first week of NN :)

Tiffstitch said...

Oh cool! Great start on this one and love the idea.