Saturday 18 December 2021

The Loneliness Of Autumn - 240 hours

Hello everyone!

This is my final update on Leonid Afremov's The Loneliness Of Autumn this year, and as I've reached the 240 hour mark it mean's I've also managed to catch up! Yay!!!

I started this 10 hour stint by finishing 743, medium yellow, on the final 6 pages, meaning that 10 out of 83 colours have been stitched. Here are the comparison pictures between the end of the ninth and tenth colours where you can see the addition of a lot more yellow, especially around the lights. This is at 45.53% complete after 236 hours and 30,323 stitches:



With four of the ten hours left I was able to start on the next colour, 606, bright orange-red. I started back at the top, completing pages 1 and 2 and the top halves of 3 and 4 (out of 16 pages). The new colour is similar to, and mostly in the same areas as, the red already stitched. You can see a bit of difference in the branches on the right:



My calculations tell me that the remainder of 606 should just about carry me through the next 10 hours.

Take care,
Rachel x

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Looking good! I'm glad you were able to meet your goal for this year.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous work! You can see the difference between the photos too.
Are you able to make a slideshow of all the photos to show us the colours building up when you finish the piece?

Katie said...

Gorgeous progress!

Tiffstitch said...

Excellent work meeting your goal for this one! That was a hard task with the delays you had this year. You can really tell the red is more filled out on the left side of the project with the 606. Beautiful work!

Leonore Winterer said...

Looking great, and great job getting all caught up as well! Love all the bright colours. You're right, we are keeping a very similar percentage...although my time is starting to get away from yours, as I already passed the 300 hour mark! I'll get my 2021-conclusion up soon.

Astrids dragon said...

Great progress and colours, and almost at 50%!