Friday 31 December 2021

2021 End Of Year Summary

Hello all!

Another year gone, and another year of lists coming up!

A few hiccups during 2021 meant the year didn't go quite according to plan and I didn't achieve all I set out to do. However, given that my plans were also very ambitious, I am extremely happy with how much I did achieve and am not complaining one little bit.

But before I get into the summary, I never showed you my Stitchmas Tree, so here it is. This is the first Stitchmas Tree I've decorated but won't be my last, although I might need a bigger tree next year!



On to the summary then. My 2021 plans were:

A Monarch A Month - stitch 12 monarchs ❌ only stitched six
The Loneliness Of Autumn - stitch for 120 hours ✅
Smalls SAL - stitch 12 small pieces, one per month ✅
Mischievous March - start four projects ✅ and finish all four projects ❌ only finished two
Christmas In July - start one project ✅ finish one WIP ❌ didn't even work on the WIP
Tokyo Olympics - start 17 new projects ✅
Dark October - start Magical Bookshelf ❌ sensibly postponed because of too many WIPs!!! πŸ˜‡
Naughty November - start four projects ✅ and finish all four projects ✅
Christmas Day - new start ❌ carried on with the Christmas In July piece instead πŸ˜‡

In addition:
Tokyo Paralympics - started 13 new unplanned projects πŸ˜‰
Finish lots of WIPs - finished 7 out of a potentially-planned 16
FFO as much as possible - could have done better but still reduced the amount in my BOS
SALs - joined in with People's Choice SAL, FFG SAL and Smalls SAL every month 😊


So lots of new starts and not that many finishes (in comparison) means my overall statistics are now as follows:

Number of WIPs brought forward from 2020 = 62 (including BAPs I may never work on again)
Plus number of new starts = 52
Less number of finishes = 26
Number of WIPs to carry forward into 2022 = 88 (well, at least it's not triple figures!!)


And here is the list of projects which make up those statistics. Those in red have been finished, those in black will be carried forward to 2022.

[I have been asked why I don't include pictures in this summary, and the simple answer is that there would just be too many! If you're interested in all my current WIPs and finishes this year there are page tabs at the top.]

LARGE WIPs BROUGHT FORWARD
1) Mythical Dragon (True Colors)
2) QS Emerald Dragon (HAED)
3) SK The History Of Chocolate (HAED)
4) QS Come Softly (HAED)
5) Mini Bookworm Fairy (HAED)
6) Mini The Owrd Lord (HAED)
7) Mini One (HAED)
8) Dolphin Ruins (Rabnann - ebay)
9) OMG Tigger Is Out (UnconventionalX - etsy)
10) Dragon Eye (not yet blogged)
11) Magnolia (not yet blogged)
12) Tribal Dragon (Thread Geeks)
13) Kings and Queens
14) The Loneliness Of Autumn
'NORMAL' WIPs BROUGHT FORWARD
15) Ballerina
16) Giraffe
17) Greedy Robin
18) Friends For Life
19) Feline Groovy
20) Loves Me ... Love Me Not
21) Book Worm
22) Carefree Summer
23) A Tatty Friend
24) Dandelion Time
25) Flower Power
26) All Aboard The Walnut Shells
27) Christmas Wishes
28) Cuddly Feline Friends
29) Choc-A-Holic
30) I Love Butter
31) Good Morning Nelson
32) Winter Hugs
33) Lickle Snooze
34) A Windy Day
35) Little Green
36) Start Trek TOS
37) Clue
38) Evil Minions
39) Pandas
40) Haunted Library
41) Grow Your Own
42) In The Gloaming
43) Chick Berry
44) Humming Along
45) Pretty Little Toronto
46) Pooh 1 - Eating Hunny
47) Basket Case
48) Pooh 2 - Looking Into Empty Pot
49) Mouse Reading Book
50) Wonderful Fright
51) Happiness Delivery Couple
52) Pooh 3 - With Head On Ground
53) Lady In Red
54) Pooh 4 - Standing With Pot On Head
55) Simply Wren
56) Pooh 5 - Looking At Smashed Pot
57) Mouse With Books
58) Gatekeepers
59) Let's Bloom
60) Let's Have Fun In The Sun
61) Let's Breeze Into Autumn
62) Let's Be Frozen

NEW STARTS IN 2021:
1) Let's Play
2) Going For Walkies
3) In The Dog House
4) Deathly Hallows In A Bottle
5) Golden Snitch In A Bottle
6) Hedwig In A Bottle
7) Platform 9 3/4 In A Bottle
8) In The Bath
9) Resting My Eyes
10) Galah
11) French Country Butterfly
12) Merry (TT XI)
13) Merry Christmas By The Letter
14) Autumnal Baby Dragon
15) Burrow Snow Globe
16) Dragon Shelf
17) Godrich's Hollow Snow Globe
18) Mexico
19) Korea
20) Mouse Lighting Candle
21) Mouse Reading Scroll
22) Netherlands
23) Paris
24) Privet Drive Snow Globe
25) Rome
26) Russia
27) Shell Cottage Snow Globe
28) United Kingdom
29) USA
30) Witch's Hat Shelf
31) Dragon With Chick
32) Dragon 9
33) Dragon 2
34) Dragon 11
35) Dragon 4
36) Dragon 5
37) Dragon 10
38) Dragon 12
39) Dragon 1
40) Dragon 6
41) Dragon 3
42) French Country Squirrel
43) French Country Pumpkin
44) Watercolour Dolphin
45) Green Patchwork Hootie
46) Halloween Hootie 9
47) Noel
48) Moonrise Gravestone
49) Moonrise Fence
50) Moonrise Mansion
51) Moonrise Memorial
52) Season's Greetings

So I ended the year with 26 more WIPs than I started with... ooops!


As for my Box Of Shame, I started the year with 30 pieces in it (having found five previously mislaid at the end of 2020) added 26 more, fully finished off 34, so have therefore ended the year with 22 pieces.

So, here's another list of the the projects which were in and have been added to my Box Of Shame. As above, those in red have now been FFOd, those in black will be carried forward.

BOX OF SHAME PIECES BROUGHT FORWARD
1) Eeyore's Snowflake
2) Four-eyed Monster
3) One-eyed Monster
4) Toby
5) Piglet's Snowflake
6) Smiley Cat
7) Boofle Christmas Card
8) January Calendar
9) February Calendar
10) March Calendar
11) April Calendar
12) May Calendar
13) June Calendar
14) July Calendar
15) August Calendar
16) September Calendar
17) October Calendar
18) November Calendar
19) December Calendar
20) Spotted Owls
21) Midnight Manor
22) Parrot On Parade
23) Green Halloween Banner
24) Christmas Cat With Present
25) Spookie Hootie
26) A Little Witch Of The Night
27) Jingle All The Way
28) Let It Snow
29) Daisy Hugs
30) Gold Stars Christmas Tree

NEW BOX OF SHAME PIECES IN 2021
1) Let's Play
2) Chick Berry
3) Humming Along
4) Lady In Red
5) Going For Walkies
6) Simply Wren
7) Winnie the Pooh 1 (need the set of 5 before I can FFO)
8) Winnie the Pooh 2 (need the set of 5 before I can FFO)
9) In The Dog House
10) In The Bath
11) Platform  9 3/4 Sign In A Bottle
12) Hedwig In A Bottle
13) Resting My Eyes
14) Galah
15) Merry (TT IX)
16) Dragon With Chick
17) French Country Butterfly
18) Green Patchwork Hootie
19) Spookie Hootie 9
20) In The Gloaming
21) Noel
22) Moonrise Gravestone
23) Moonrise Fence
24) Moonrise Mansion
25) Seasons Greetings
26) Moonrise Memorial

I may still have 22 UFOs but I'm really happy that I ended the year with fewer than I started with.


OK... boring lists over!

During the year I stitched for a total of 592 hours, averaging out at just over 1.6 hours per day, which is slightly over my daily target. December was my best month, with 82 hours of stitching, June my worst with just 8.5 hours!! I was really happy that the hours lost between April and July were able to be made up in the last three months of the year.

And... I will be ending the year having caught up with all my blog reading, and with an empty inbox! I doubt it will be long before I fall behind again, but at least I will be starting the year afresh.

As for my stitching plans for 2022... well, they're as wacky as usual and will be revealed tomorrow!

All the best and
Happy stitching :)
Rachel x

7 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Rachel. I really enjoy reading your end of year stats. I'm no where near trying to keep track like that. Looking forward to seeing next years list.

Happy New Year,

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love your little tree. I had one for one year then had too many ornaments for it so I started decorating the garland instead!
I do enjoy a good statistic too. I'd say my average stitch time is about two hours per day.
Looking forward to seeing what you share with us next year.

Faith... said...

That is quite an impressive summary there! You managed a lot of stitching and quite a bit of finishing too given all the new starts you had. Congrats on all your hard work!

Katie said...

Awesome recap! Love all the info. Now have a wonderful 2022!!!

Astrids dragon said...

Oh my, you are so organised and accomplished a lot last year! Happy stitching in 2022!

Leonore Winterer said...

I think you did really well last year, considering all the 'lost' time you had! Great job catching up with so many of your goals and even thinning out your UFO box! Also well done on catching up on your blogging and blog reading...as you can see, I am still working on it!

Mary's Thread said...

A productive year! I love the "Stitchmas" tree! So fun!