Friday 10 December 2021

Link-up For Fully Finished Gallery SAL - December 2021

Hello all!

It's the 10th of the month so time for another Fully Finished Gallery SAL, the place to show your FFOing achievements since your last link-up.



The link-up for this SAL opens on the 10th of each month and stays open for 10 days so you can join in whenever you're ready.


I have three FFOs this month. All three are framed pieces, finished with simple frames and anti-reflective glazing from my usual online framer, EasyFrame.co.uk. 


First up is Spotted Owls from the Young'uns collection by Gloria and Pat. This was finished way back in May 2018 and was one of the oldest pieces in my Box Of Shame. The frame is 15mm Wenge, a sort of browny-black colour which is slightly darker than the branch the owls are perched on:



Second is Midnight Manor by Waxing Moon Designs. This is another long-term Box Of Shame resident, having been in there since in October 2018. For this one I chose a simple 13mm painted black frame:



Third is the very-recently finished In The Gloaming by Whispered By The Wind. This is in a 12mm dark grey painted frame and was an absolute PITA to frame! Not only is the fabric evenweave but it had slightly stretched at the bottom, which meant getting all four sides straight without any puckering took absolutely ages and lots and lots and lots of patience! Even now, the side railings aren't quite vertical so I just have to believe that the heavy ravens have bent them over time!



I do admit I framed a fourth piece, but I'm saving that for January, just in case I don't manage any FFOing over the Christmas period!

Now it's your turn.

Please link-up using the URL of your FFG SAL post, not the home page of your blog, adding a thumbnail of a finish and either your name or your blog name as the caption. The link-up will remain open for 10 days, closing at 6am UK time on 20th December.


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

And please don't forget to follow other links and see what fellow fully-finishers have been up to; you might even get an idea or two.

Next month sees the beginning of a new year of the FFG SAL. The new logo has been designed and will be available on my sidebar soon.

January's post will start off with a summary of your 2021 FFOing achievements, which means I'd better have caught up with all my blog reading by then!

As usual, it will go live on 10th January at 6am UK time. Hope to see you there!

Take care,
Rachel x

7 comments:

Suzanne H said...

I find that things that have vertical images are so hard to frame. They really show if it's not quite straight. Lovely finishes and here's to emptying the box of shame. Again, I do appreciate this nudge each month to keep finishing as I go along. I still have a few unfinished pieces but maybe next year. Merry Christmas!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Thank you Rachel for hosting FFO in 2021, it's been a huge help to keep me stitching. I love your framed finishes, your work is always so neat.

Ann C. said...

I love the look of the simple black frames.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on your framing. That seems to have been my go-to technique this year, I have thoughtfully compiled a list to save you adding them up!
Looking forward to the SAL next year, I wonder what Finish will be next year's favourite for me?

Faith... said...

Your finishes look great as always Rachel. The Spotted Owls are so cute!

Leonore Winterer said...

Ah, dang, I thought I could get away with making my post this morning, but I was just not enough of an early bird, missing the cutoff by half an hour. Serves me right for putting my Christmas ornaments off this late again :D Here's the link, for your viewing pleasure:
https://needlepensword.blogspot.com/2021/12/december-fully-finished-gallery.html

Your framing looks wonderful! I can't really tell that In the Gloaming gave you trouble, so you must have done good! Looking forward to the next round of the SAL, there's still plenty to finish in my box...

Tiffstitch said...

Love these finishes! Sorry to hear In the Gloaming was such a pain. I hope mine is less annoying once I finally get around to it.