Thursday 16 December 2021

2000 Days

Good morning everybody!

I'm not intending this to be a bragging post or anything, just wanted to share with you the fact that yesterday marked my 2000th unbroken day of stitching - that's every day since 25th June 2016. And had it not been for missing the previous day (hurrrumph!) this could have stood at 2,541, or every day since 1st January 2015.



Sometimes, especially over the last couple of years, finding time has been difficult, but sheer stubbornness prevented me breaking this streak - I would pick up my needle every day, no matter what, even if only for five minutes.

I am exceptionally grateful that my lifestyle allows me to stitch every night; if I was someone who needed more than six hours of sleep to function, this days-in-a-row tally would have stopped long ago!

So here's to the next 1000 days which, if you're interested will take me to 10th September 2024. I wonder if I can do it???

Take care,
Rachel x

8 comments:

BeingBored89 said...

Wow! Congrats! That is an amazing accomplishment!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Whoo hoo that's an amazing achievement 👏👏

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fantastic achievement! I wish I knew my actual total. I have to start from the year I started blogging but it's longer than that.
Bath-time stitching has been my saviour many times when work has been busy,

Ann C. said...

Congratulations Rachel on achieving this milestone! Good luck on the next one! See you in 2024!

Katie said...

Wow!!! That's just fantastic. I'm really going to shoot for at least 15 mins a day in 2022 but we know how that goes. Seriously though Congrats! That's very neat.

Tiffstitch said...

Wow!! That is amazing. I wonder if I can try and manage that 1000 days to get to that significant day in my life. Hmm...

I'm really impressed. This year and last year, more than any other has seen several days of not stitching for me.

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, that's amazing! I know I stitch most days, but I also miss a day here and there when life is especially hectic. Never really kept count, though. Onto the next 1000 days!

Astrids dragon said...

Woot, woot, good for you, congrats! I totally get the "if only for five minutes", I'm working on my third year stitching every day, but well behind you! Keep on stitching!