Thursday 30 December 2021

Smalls SAL - December 2021

Hello all!

It's the last Friday of the month (well, I'm posting this a day early because I've got my end-of-year round-up post tomorrow) so time for the Smalls SAL. Thank you, Mary, for continuing to host this fun little SAL. Pop over to Mary's Blog to see what other participants have been stitching in the way of Smalls this month.



Each month I stitch a small project specifically for this SAL which doesn't appear elsewhere on my blog.

This month I stitched the final ornie from a set of six by Durene Jones; it's satisfying to have now finished the set:

Season's Greetings by Durene Jones (etsy)
Stitch Count 45 wide by 45 high
Stitched on 16ct White Silver Lurex aida 2 over 2
Started - 6th December 2021
Finished - 15th December 2021
Total stitching time - 9 hours 5 minutes


As usual I replaced the french knots with beads, but that's the only change I made.


And my Queen Anne monarch is also a small this month:



So next month we start another new year and I have something prickly but seasonal in mind!

Take care,
Rachel x

6 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on completing the Ornament series. They are going to look lovely together.
Are you stitching a festive cactus? Or maybe a hedgehog?

Elfie said...

Both of your Snalls are lovely. I'm intrigued to discover what your seasonal prickly theme is. Happy New Year!

Tiffstitch said...

Very cute finish on the UK robins :) I always wondered why they had house finches on all these patterns when house finches aren't so bright in winter around here, and then finally realized robins in the UK have those colours.

Faith... said...

Those little birds are very cute! I must have missed Queen Anne so I will have to go back and find her.

Leonore Winterer said...

That's a very cute small - feels so nice to finish a set, doesn't it?

Mary's Thread said...

Your ornaments is darling! Congrats on completing your set! I like the sparkly fabric. Queen Anne is lovely. Thanks for joining the SAL!