Monday 1 March 2021

Winnie The Pooh And Hunny Pot 1 and 2 - finished!

Hello again!

I'm definitely on a roll with finishes so far this year, having not one but two to show you.

First up is Winnie The Pooh 1, which was start number five and is finish number five from last year's Spring Into Summer New Start Binge.

I'd only stitched this much before picking him up again:


Then finished the stitching:


Then added the backstitching:

Winnie The Pooh And Hunny Pot 1 by Designer Stitches
Stitched on 16ct Cloud Summer Sky over-dyed aida by sewitall
Stitch Count 41 wide by 59 high
Started - 2nd May 2020
Finished - 27th February 2021
Total stitching time - 13 hours 10 minutes


And then we have Winnie The Pooh 2 which was start number seven and is finish number six from last year's Spring Into Summer New Start Binge:

He looked like this when I returned to him:


And now finished (annoyingly I didn't take a photo before the backstitching):

Winnie The Pooh And Hunny Pot 2 by Designer Stitches
Stitched on 16ct Cloud Summer Sky over-dyed aida by sewitall
Stitch Count 47 wide by 85 high
Started - 16th May 2020
Finished - 27th February 2021
Total stitching time - 15 hours


I didn't notice when I was stitching, but when I saw the photos together it's obvious that there isn't a dark background behind the word 'hunny' in the second piece. I wondered if it was me getting carried away with stitching the light purple but, no, there is no darker label.

I checked the other three in the set and they all have the darker label, so this was obviously an oversight on the part of the designer. :(

I'm not sure whether to frog and re-stitch it or put up with the discrepancy - it will depend on how much it annoys me!

On a more positive note, I know exactly how these will be FFOd but, like the cute little dogs I'm stitching for the Smalls SAL, won't be able to do so until all five have been completed (unless I change my mind before then!) I'm looking forward to getting my teeth into that project later in the year.

Take care,
Rachel x

9 comments:

Shami Immanuel said...

Cute finishes. There's a lot of difference with back stitching.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I agree with Shami, the backstitching makes a big difference on these designs.
I'm looking forward to when all five are finished to see how you will complete them.

Astrids dragon said...

They turned out great! The magic of backstitching.
Maybe you could just tent stitch the darker label over the current stitches, then you wouldn't have to frog any of it?

Louca por porcelana said...

Cute artwork!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

He is cute! Maybe that's the back of the pot and the rest show the front? LOL

Linda said...

Congrats on the super cute finishes Rachel.

Linda

Tiffstitch said...

Great finishes! It's so nice to get 2 decent size ones done, especially when block colours can be tedious. I think they must be different honey pots knowing how much honey Winnie likes to eat. That could even be the back side of the other pot. :)

Leonore Winterer said...

How cute these are! Well done getting two more finishes in, you really are on a roll this year.
Concerning the label, I actually had the same first thought as Jo, haha :D

Faith... said...

Pooh is adorable! I agree with Astrid, try tent stitching over the current stitch and see how it looks.