Saturday 6 March 2021

People's Choice SAL - Spring

Hello all!

It's the first Saturday of the month so time for the People's Choice SAL run by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching. Continued thanks to Jo for hosting this unique SAL which has a different theme each month.



This month's theme is Spring.

Spring makes me think of warmer weather, longer days, new life - flowers, leaves, birds - and generally pastel shades.

I don't deliberately seek out spring designs but have stitched a few. Spring Bird and Lizzie Kate's Spring Alphabet have both been shown recently, so I won't show those again, but I will show:

Spring from The Four Seasons by Maria Diaz (love the cherry blossom):


A Very Merry Spring by JBW Designs:


And Morning Song by Dawna Barton, which could have been included with last month's Birds theme but which I saved it for this month because of the eggs and the overall impression of new life. This was my second ever cross stitch and, in my naivety of not realising how big the finished piece would be, stitched on 11ct! I would love to stitch this again at some point, but probably on 16ct or 18ct! (excuse the poor photo and the slipped mounts but it's currently in storage and would have taken an effort to retrieve and re-photo).


As for WIPs, the only spring-related WIP I have is Let's Bloom by Ursula Michael. This, along with the other three accompanying seasons, was started for Naughty November last year:



And a long way down my to-stitch list, even though I love them to bits are two Lavender and Lace designs, Angel of Spring and Celtic Spring. I have all four seasons in both designs but have so far only stitched Angel Of Autumn. I've also stitched Celtic Christmas, but when it comes to stitching the Celtic seasons, there are lots of colour conversions available which better represent the colours of the seasons, so I'll probably do that (on that illusive 'one day'!)



And that's it from me this month.

Next month's theme is Blue; wonder what I'll come up with for that?

Take care,
Rachel x

6 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. Love all your Spring stitching.
I'd also like to stitch all the Celtic Seasons, Noel only took three months when I was a OAAT stitcher!

Pamela said...

Such pretty spring pieces. I love cherry blossoms also.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely spring stitching, doesn't it feel good when the garden starts to grow again and the sun shines

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Some pretty Spring finishes. Your second cross stitch project was a large one. At least it didn't put you off further projects.

Leonore Winterer said...

Pretty spring designs, I love the one with the cherry blossoms!
The Celtic Seasons designs are so pretty, but you are right - some of the colour conversions are much better representations, and the ones I've seen so far have been stunning!

Faith... said...

Pretty spring pieces. I love the Merry Spring piece and Morning Song is a beauty.