Monday 8 March 2021

Mischievous March New Start #1 - Deathly Hallows In A Bottle

Good morning all!

And welcome to Mischievous March!

Back in November Tiff (my startner in crime!) and I introduced Naughty November, a cheeky mini new start binge (so-called after having already having had a four-month-long new start binge earlier in the year) with the idea of starting one new project each weekend (or whenever best suits) during the month.

A number of you joined in and wondered if it would run again this year. Well, the answer is yes, along with this newly-introduced Mischievous March because, let's face it, one mini new start binge during the year is just not enough!

I must admit I've been really looking forward to getting my teeth into some new projects so, taking on board the main lesson learned from November i.e. keep the starts small, here's my first contribution to Mischievous March:

Deathly Hallows In A Bottle by MagicStitchStudio (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Sketch Grey aida by sewitall.com
Stitch count 47 wide by 54 high
Started - 6th March 2021
Stitching time to date - 3 hours 25 minutes


And how it will look when finished:



This is from a collection of (thus far) 16 Harry Potter themed mini bottles, four of which I will be starting in March. I estimate them to take about 10-12 hours each so, if all goes to plan, they shouldn't be WIPs for too long.

Now I want to see your new starts!

If you have joined in and want to link up, here's the linky-widget thingy. Please add the URL of your blog post, your name and a thumbnail. The link will stay open for 10 days.


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

I can't tell you how excited I am to see what you have chosen to start. A number of conversations have dropped snippets and hints so now all can start to be revealed! From the more 'sensible' among you, maybe there will be some finishes too?

And remember, the intention is for all my SALs to be stress-free, so if you only want one or two new starts that's fine. Just pop in and join up whenever you want.

I don't know about you, but I'm already looking forward to start number two!

Take care,
Rachel x

PS Don't forget to enter my blogoversary giveaway (two posts ago) if you want to be in with a chance a winning a little something of your choice.

7 comments:

Shami Immanuel said...

Your start is nice. And the fabric too. The finish will be abosolutely good. Can any one join the link party or is there any rules?

Linda said...

Great new start Rachel.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

These little bottles are adorable! I'm doing The March of The Mischievous Mice and have a finish already! I'll be sharing it on my FFO post so I'll link up then.

Tiffstitch said...

I love those little bottles! Great start and hope they only take as long as you expect. I was not so wise with my first start. :)

Ann C. said...

I'm looking forward to watching you stitch the four Harry Potter mini bottle projects. I like your fabric choice, it is very interesting.

Faith... said...

What a cute little jar! Looking forward to seeing the others in your set. Thanks for Mischievous March!

Leonore Winterer said...

I love those bottles! Some of them are on my wishlist, I can't wait to see which ones you'll be starting. Personally, I'm starting the month of with something big-ish and moving on to smaller starts from there.