Wednesday 10 March 2021

Link-up For Fully Finished Gallery - March 2021

Hello all!

It's the 10th of the month so time for another Fully Finished Gallery SAL, the place to show your FFOing achievements since your last link-up.



The link-up for this SAL opens on the 10th of each month and stays open for 10 days so you can join in whenever you're ready.



I only have one FFO this month which is Christmas Cat With Present. He is one of a set of four but as I am not intending to stitch the others in the foreseeable future thought it best to FFO him rather than make him wait.

I had the perfect fabric but didn't want it hidden on the back so made a little pillow with the present fabric on top, coordinating marbled fabric on the back and barley twist cord around the outside. He's attached on top and four coordinating velvet brads trim the corners. By complete fluke the stitched piece almost has a pink present in each corner; I couldn't have planned it that more purr-fectly if I'd tried!




Now it's your turn.

Please link-up using the URL of your FFG SAL post and not the home page of your blog, adding a thumbnail of a finish and either your name or your blog name as the caption. The link-up will remain open for 10 days, closing at 6am UK time on 20th March.


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

And please don't forget to follow other links and see what fellow fully-finishers have been up to; an encouraging comment can go a long way.

Next month's FFG SAL post will go live on 10th April at 6am UK time. Hope to see you there!


* * * * * * * * * *

And now for the winner of my blogoversary competition.

I asked how many hours you thought it had taken me to stitch the 297 finishes I have had over the course of my stitching life.

Thank you to everyone who took part. Guesses varied from 2,865 to 8,924 hours. In ascending order:

Tiff - 2,865
Leonore - 5,742
Cathy - 5,937
Faith - 5,961
Jo - 6,935
BeingBored89 - 6,856
Linda - 6,912
Rita - 7,834
Katie - 8,924

Before looking up the answer I had a guess myself of 22 hours per piece = 6,534. The actual answer is much lower - a mere 4,803 hours. I thought this seemed a bit low, but it can be explained by 169 of those projects taking less than 10 hours each. I didn't think I'd stitched that many smalls!

So... the closest answer was 5,742 from LeonoreCongratulations!

If you either leave a comment or email me separately we'll start a conversation as to your prize. :)

Commiserations to everyone else and better luck next year when I think of another question to ask!

Take care,
Rachel x

14 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Purr-fect finish, I love your fabric. Well done Leonore, that's a lot of stitching!

BeingBored89 said...

I love the pillow! Great job!

Shami Immanuel said...

Cute finish. Cushion fabric is very pleasing. Colors are nice.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A lovely finish, Rachel. I like that it is 'sitting' on the fabric rather than having bands around it. It showcases your pretty fabric more.

Linda said...

Congrats on another amazing finish Rachel. You do such a fantastic job at finishing. Congrats to the winner.

Linda

Cathy said...

Great finish! That's the perfect fabric for that kitty!

Sheryl said...

What a gorgeous finish Rachel, I love the pattern,

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I like that pillow finish, something a little bit different.
Congratulations to Leonore. I'm impressed that you have always tracked hours!

Ann C. said...

Great job, both of those fabrics match perfectly with the Christmas Cat With Present project.

Suzanne H said...

Perfect fabric for your finish this month. Congratulations to Leonore on a great guess.

Faith... said...

That little pillow is a super cute finish! Congratulations Leonore!

Kaisievic said...

Such a cute pillow finish, Rachel and what a fun competition - well done, Leonore. 😊

Leonore Winterer said...

I have to admit I had a sneak-peak a couple days ago (and did a little happy dance then!) but I was doing such a good job catching up on blog reading, I didn't want to go out of order. Now I am here (I'll be back *really* soon with my own finishing too) and still happily dancing! Looks like my math paid off, even if I'm still almost 1000 hours off ^_^

Katie said...

I missed it this month. Took the time to stitch instead. Sure hope to be back next time. Love your little adorable pillow. What a cute finish!!