Monday 29 March 2021

Mischievous March New Start #4 - Platform 9 3/4 In A Bottle

Hello again!

So it's already the final week of the Mischievous March mini new start binge. Doesn't time fly when you're having fun?!

My final Harry Potter themed bottle this week is the sign for Platform 9 3/4, the railway line behind a magical brick wall at King's Cross Station which takes the young witches and wizards to their school aboard the Hogwarts Express. Here's how much I stitched:

Platform 9 3/4 In A Bottle by MagicStitchStudio (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Sketch Grey aida by sewitall.com
Stitch count 44 wide by 54 high
Started - 27th March 2021
Stitching time to date - 5 hours 25 minutes

And this is how it will eventually look:



It's weird but, as with In The Gloaming, I couldn't wait to stitch the brickwork!


If you've joined in with Mischievous March this week, here's the usual linky widget thingy waiting for your post URL, your name and a thumbnail:


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

As usual I look forward to seeing what you've started, and perhaps even finished. Also, a big thank you for joining me!

If you've enjoyed Mischievous March and are up for another SAL or two, my next ones will be Christmas in July and the Tokyo Olympic Challenge, 23rd July to 8th August, so keep your eye out for more information about those nearer the time.

I will now be working on all four of the Mischievous March starts until they become finishes. I'm not sure I'll meet my end-of-April target date, but I'll enjoy trying. Watch this space!

Take care,
Rachel x

7 comments:

Ann C. said...

WOW, you got a lot done on the platform 9 3/4 in a bottle. All of these bottles should stitch up fast for you.

Linda said...

Another awesome start Rachel.

Linda

Tiffstitch said...

Oh, I like this one too, and you got a lot done!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Awesome start! Can you guess what I stitched for the fourth weekend?

Annie said...

Oh I love the sound of Christmas in July! I have promised myself that I will limit my starts this year and work on my WIPs instead, but with that being said maybe I can join in the fun with just WIPs...Maybe focus on one different WIP each day in July...
We'll see:D
All I REALLY know is that I can't wait for the Olympics this year!!!

Faith... said...

You managed to get in a lot of stitching on this piece. Is there only four bottles or will there be more to come in the future?

Definitely count me in for Christmas in July and thanks for hosting Mischievous March!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great start! Looking forward to seeing how many you'll get done this month. And looking forward for your next SALs, too!