Friday 29 January 2021

Smalls SAL - January 2021

Hello all!

It's the last Friday of the month so time for the Smalls SAL. Thank you, Mary, for continuing to host this fun little SAL. Pop over to Mary's Blog to see what other participants have been stitching in the way of Smalls this month.



Each month I stitch a small project specifically for this SAL which doesn't appear elsewhere on my blog.

I'm starting 2021 with the same designer I finished 2020 with - Durene Jones. This is first in a series of five cute dogs which I shall be stitching over the next five months. They are all freebies available on her FB page.

Let's Play by Durene Jones (freebie)
Stitch Count 35 wide by 39 high
Stitched on 16ct Golden over-dyed aida by sewitall.com
Started - 1st January 2021
Finished - 3rd January 2021
Total stitching time - 8 hours 5 minutes


Isn't he just absolutely adorable?!

I know exactly how he will be FFOd, but it is dependent on me stitching the other four first, so you won't see the finished product until June at the earliest.


In this Smalls SAL I'm also re-showing other qualifying small projects I've stitched during the month. I'm not planning on many this year so, like most months, it's just my monarch:



See you next month for cute doggie number two!

Take care,
Rachel x

11 comments:

Katie said...

Oh no a dog. I love him. Too cute! Plus freebie. Now I just need time haha. Yeah right.

Linda said...

That dog is absolutely adorable Rachel.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Very cute start to the year! Honestly, we could all stitch nothing except freebies there are so many wonderful ones out there.

Faith... said...

He is a cute doggie! Looking forward to four more, then you will have as many as we have in our home!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Such a cutie, your dog is lovely. Bow down to our first James

Tiffstitch said...

Nice finish on both! I've stitched one of DJ's freebie dogs as well, they're fairly quick. I'm interested to see how they'll all be finished once you complete them.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A cute little dog design. Durene Jones has some nice designs.

Kaisievic said...

That dog is so cute and James I is looking very proud of himself!

Mary's Thread said...

Thank you for joining the SAL! Aww what a cute puppy! And another King! Yay! It is amazing how many many kings (and queens) there were and that you can just keep going with them almost indefinitely!!

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, such a cute doggie! Perfect almost-neutral fabric too, it looks to be very versatile.

Astrids dragon said...

Awe, what a cute little pup! I must have missed that one on fb, now I'll have to take a look.