Sunday 24 January 2021

Humming Along - finished!

Hello again!

I have another finish; see, I do finish projects sometimes!

This is Humming Along, the second of the four Valerie Pfeiffer's Solos collection by Heritage Crafts. He was start number three of last year's Spring Into Summer New Start Binge and is now the second finish.

Here's how I left him after six hours of stitching:


And after adding the flowers and leaves:


And after 1.5 hours of backstitching:

Humming Along by Heritage Crafts
Stitched on 16ct Pine over-dyed aida by sewitall
Stitch count 70 wide by 68 high
Started - 18th April 2020
Finished - 21st January 2021
Total stitching time - 18 hours 25 minutes


The backstitching is very subtle on the flowers, leaves and body, but the little bits on his chin and head really do make a difference.

If all goes well, I am hoping to complete the other two in this set in February. Fingers crossed.

Take care,
Rachel x

11 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

This one is so pretty!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for this cute finish. Are they fuschias? They are my favourite flower.

Linda said...

Congrats on your second cute finish this year Rachel.

Linda

Louca por porcelana said...

Amazing!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful, just beautiful

Katie said...

Adorable. Love the way it turned out.

Cathy said...

So pretty! I love the fabric you're using.

Leonore Winterer said...

He's so handsome, and I love the flowers! Well done getting another finish in this month.

Faith... said...

Another cute bird! Congrats on another finish Rachel!

Tiffstitch said...

Excellent finish! I love to see hummingbirds, but it's very rare here.

Astrids dragon said...

Another sweet one, I love all the colours.