Thursday 21 January 2021

Chick Berry - finished!

Hi all!

I have a finish!

This is Chick Berry by Heritage Crafts, one of a set of four birds in the Solos range by Valerie Pfeiffer. He was start number two of last year's Spring Into Summer New Start Binge and is the first finish from that SAL; only 16 more to go!

Here's how I picked it up after spending almost six hours stitching the bird and berries:


And after finishing the stitching:


And now all finished after adding 2.25 hours of backstitching:

Chick Berry by Heritage Crafts
Stitched on 16ct Provence over-dyed aida by sewitall
Stitch count 66 wide by 58 high
Started - 11th April 2020
Finished - 17th January 2021
Total stitching time - 13 hours 30 minutes


All four birds in this set contain a good proportion of fractionals, and the backstitching is certainly no easy ride, but I knew that before starting them all on aida. I'm not moaning though - fractionals on aida are second nature to me now, and not that bad really! Anyway, I had the perfect colours in aida so didn't see much point in buying more fabric, even if evenweave would have made stitching them easier.

I'm already working on finishing another from this set, so that should appear fairly soon.

Take care,
Rachel x

15 comments:

Rita said...

Oh, my! It is so beautiful!

Terri said...

Love it!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a sweet finish. Looks like you have plenty of fabric left too.
I'm using the kit Aida for the Stitchonomy SAL, it's the perfect colour so why change it out? It is reminding me why I prefer evenweave though!

Linda said...

Congrats on the pretty finish Rachel.

Linda

Ann C. said...

I love the beautiful colours in this finish. Congrats on finishing something from last year! One less WIP, now you have room to start another one? :)

Cathy said...

Very pretty! I'm pretty used to doing fractional stitches on Aida as well.

Louca por porcelana said...

So cute!Gorgeous blog!

Clare-Aimetu said...

So delicate, so beautiful

Bethan said...

This is so beautiful! Worth the fractionals and backstitching!

Katie said...

Oh wow. I love this one. We love feeding the birds. The backstitching looks like a pain but sure made it extra beautiful. Can't wait to see the next one too.

Faith... said...

That turned out great! I just love how that bird looks even if I did glance at the title and wonder why you were writing about Chuck Berry! LOL I am not crazy about fractionals either but the things we do! Looking forward to seeing the next one.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

This is a pretty design. I'm not keen on fractional stitches. Backstitching makes a big difference but it's also something else I'm not keen on :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Aw, she's so cute! Good job getting a finish so early in the year.

Tiffstitch said...

Oh, I love this one! I don't need more charts, I don't need more charts.. We see chickadees everywhere all year, and the detail on the berries is excellent on this one too.

Astrids dragon said...

A beautiful finish, such a sweet little thing!