Friday 1 January 2021

2021 Stitching Plans

Good morning everybody, and Happy New Year!!



Here's hoping 2021 is an improvement on 2020 :)

It's time for me to reveal my stitching plans for 2021. If last year's plans were ambitious, that's nothing compared to this year! I know I won't get everything done, but I never have been one for setting sensible and achievable goals!


So, assuming life doesn't get in the way, here are my plans for 2021:

1) CONTINUE STITCHING Kings and Queens at one monarch each month. This will take me from James I (second on fourth row) to Victoria (end of the fifth row).



2) CONTINUE STITCHING The Loneliness Of Autumn at 10 hours per month
. This should see a further 5-6 colours added and take me from about 22% to about 44% complete.



3) STITCH one small project each month for the Smalls SAL. These have all been chosen and are ready to go.

4) NEW! - MISCHIEVOUS MARCH - start four projects over the four weekends of March. I have chosen the four; just need to decide on the fabric.

5) NEW! - CHRISTMAS IN JULY - a completely open SAL and a fun chance to enjoy a bit of festive stitching in the middle of the year. If you want to join in the choice is yours... start 1 project, start 31 projects, work on WIPs or even make an early start on your Christmas ornies. I shall be starting one project and hoping to finish one WIP.

NB numbers 5 and 6 overlap

6) TOKYO OLYMPIC STITCHING CHALLENGE - at the time of writing, the Olympics is still going ahead (23rd July to 8th August) so this will be my second attempt to start 17 projects over the 17 days of the Olympics. I'll be joined by my 'startner-in-crime' Tiff; are you mad enough to accompany us?!

7) START Magical Bookshelf during Dark October. Postponed from 2020, this will be my next biggish Harry Potter project.



8) NAUGHTY NOVEMBER - start four projects over the four weekends of November. I have the four small charts all kitted up and ready to go!

9) CHRISTMAS DAY - start Lizzie Kate's Christmas By The Letter.



10) FINISH LOTS OF WIPs - it's not like I don't have many to choose from!!!

11) FFO as much as possible. And if I can empty my Box Of Shame that would be a bonus.

12) JOIN IN WITH VARIOUS SALs
* People's Choice SAL - first Saturday of the month hosted by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching
* Fully Finished Gallery SAL - 10th of the month hosted by me!
* Smalls SAL - last Friday of the month hosted by Mary of Mary's Thread

And that's it!

I'm not intending to stray from these plans, but if something interesting comes up I may be tempted ;)


So basically, the first half of the month will be taken up with stitching the monarch, the Smalls SAL piece, and The Loneliness Of Autumn, and then the second half of the month will be for working on and trying to finish as many WIPs as possible.

Yes, I know there will be loads more new starts in 2021, but the number of WIPs I have doesn't bother me. Having said that, I think 2022 and 2023 might have to be two years where I focus on finishing WIPs and severely limit new starts (yeah, right, as if that's ever going to happen!)

But one thing's for sure... all of your plans for the year, if you have them, will be much more sensible than mine! I look forward to reading them. :)

Wishing you all a very happy, healthy and stitchy 2021,
Rachel x

13 comments:

Linda said...

Love your plans Rachel. Looking forward to seeing all your new starts.

Linda

Tiffstitch said...

Happy New Year! Great plans, and can't wait to see what this year will bring for all of us.

Aubrey Marie said...

I'm so excited for this!

Gotta go catch up on the 4 years of progress I missed from everyone since I disappeared 😂

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great to see Kings and Queens at the top of your list, it's a lovely design. You've lots of stitchy plans, good luck

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You are so organised with your stitching plans. Lots of interesting projects and activities throughout the year. I don't imagine that you will get bored.

Bethan said...

Sounds like some exciting plans! I look forward to seeing what you do, and learning more history with your Kings & Queens piece. Happy New Year!

Cathy said...

Wow! There's going to be a lot of stitching going on at your house this year! I'm envious of your ability to plan and stick to the plan. Good luck on reaching all your goals.

Astrids dragon said...

Look at you, so organised with some great stitching planned! I really like the Magical Bookshelf, that is going to look fantastic.

Ann C. said...

WOW, you are going to be very busy in 2021! I’ll be watching on the sidelines to cheer you along! I’m looking forward to seeing the Harry Potter and the Lizzie Kate Christmas projects. Good luck with all of you goals for the year.

Leonore Winterer said...

All you plans sound like so much fun! I have tentative plans to join in all of your starting events, and have ideas how to prevent my WIP count from exploding in the process (I'll only the the one start for the Olympics, though - the Pretty Little Tokyo we already talked about last year - should they take place.

Katie said...

Ohhh all those new starts have me excited....I just might join you. You know how much I love new starts. We'll have to wait and see what the year brings ya know.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great goals, and a good rotation too. It's amazing how the next twelve monarchs will take us up to the last century!
I've got some BAPs planned for this year so I am sure my numbers will go up but I aim to keep below 20.

Faith... said...

Great plans Rachel. I know that you will be pretty successful with these plans because you can keep yourself pretty disciplined once you have made up your mind. I truly admire that ability! Now about those plans for 2022 and 2023 and severely limiting new starts, good luck with that one.