Wednesday 6 January 2021

Gold Stars Christmas Tree - started and finished!

Hello everyone!

It's been a tradition for the last few years for me to start a new project on Christmas Day. These have generally been biggish projects which haven't seen the light of day again for quite some time, so this Christmas I decided to do a much smaller project which would hopefully take only a few days to finish. And it did, becoming my 45th and final finish of 2020, thanks to a few nights of insane insomnia and lots of stitching!

This type of project is not normally my sort of thing, but I chose it because I desperately wanted something Christmassy to go on the starry fabric!

Gold Stars Christmas Tree by NandiStitch (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Fairy Dust Gold and Silver by sewitall.com
Stitch Count 78 wide by 102 high
Started - 25th December 2020
Finished - 28th December 2020
Total stitching time - 12 hours 50 minutes


Other than swapping out the colours, using amber instead of pink beads, changing the location of most of the beads, and stitching the base of the tree using blended threads rather than just the lighter colour, it's as charted! I was planning to add Etoile but forgot and am actually glad I did; together with the beads and patterned fabric it might have been a bit OTT.

I'm pleased to say it's already been FFOd so will make another appearance the FFG SAL very soon.

Take care,
Rachel x

10 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

That design and fabric were made for each other! They work really well together.

Linda said...

Congrats Rachel. Love the fabric and design.

Linda

Cathy said...

That was the perfect find for that fabric. COngratulations on the quick finish!

Clare-Aimetu said...

I have never seen fabric like that, you've stitched the perfect design on it. I agree about the beads, another colour would have been out of place. A beautiful finish.

Katie said...

Perfect design for that fabric. Congrats on the finish!!!

Sheryl said...

The design and its changes are just perfect for the fabric.

Leonore Winterer said...

What a lovely little design - how clever to start something you could finish up soon!

Faith... said...

What a cute Christmas tree you stitched! Congrats on the quick finish.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love this! So different too. I say add all the bling LOL

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely finish on this one and yes, the perfect fabric for such a fun design. I really can't picture the pink, so glad you changed it out. OTT? Is that possible? :)