Saturday 2 December 2023

People's Choice SAL - Chocolate

Hello all!

It's the first Saturday of the month so time for the People's Choice SAL run by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching. Continued thanks to Jo for hosting this unique SAL which has a different theme each month.



This month's theme is Chocolate.

For a chocoholic, I have only started two projects to do with this wonderful confectionary. I guess there's a big difference between eating it and stitching it!

The first is The History Of Chocolate, a Heaven and Earth Designs chart from the artwork of Randal Spangler. This has had 70 hours of work put into it (before I started blogging) but is so full of confetti I gave up. I expect one day I shall just pick it up and 'go for it', but when that day will be is anybody's guess!



The second WIP is Choc-o-holic by Margaret Sherry, started in 2015 and never worked on again because the numerous fractionals are a nightmare on 18ct! A restart on evenweave would not be out of the question, just such low priority right now compared to other WIPs and plans.




Chocolate comes in all sorts of shades, from creamy-white to very dark, so how about these three finishes from the Silhouettes range by Heritage Crafts to represent the colours of chocolate:



Keen to show more, I went diving into etsy to see what I could find...

These gnomes are carrying mouth-sized chocolate sweets in Chocolate Delivery by SodaStitchDesigns:



And for the drinking chocolate lovers, the wonderful Hot Chocolate Recipe by Stitchrovia. 'A Hug In A Mug'... I like that expression, especially if the hot chocolate involves cream and vegetarian marshmallows!



And where would Chocolate be without one particular factory?! This is Wonka Golden Ticket by WittyStitchCo:



Next month's theme is Designer of 2024 and seeing as I have already made my plans for next year, that will be easy to write about!

Take care,
Rachel x

6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Two great ufo's, I can appreciate why but maybe one day. Lovely variety of chocolate charts, there's so much temptation with nothing passing your lips. You're very organised knowing your 2024 projects, I need an afternoon to look at my diary and see what tbe year is bringing.

Pamela said...

Chocolate Delivery is very cute! Enjoy your December!

Astrids dragon said...

I love the Choc-o-holic and gnomes, so cute.
I have one of Randal's books started too, you're much farther along than I am!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. Love all your sweet treats and your take on the different shades of chocolate too. Very clever idea!

Katie said...

Great post. (Yep behind again haha) Love the gnomes of course.

Tiffstitch said...

Very fun choices. I love the silhouettes especially.