Friday 24 March 2023

The Loneliness Of Autumn - 270 hours

Hello everyone!

THE LONELINESS OF AUTUMN IS BACK!!

My last post on this was 28th February 2022, when Leonore said she was going to take a small break from this SAL; who would have known then that it was me who was going to be absent for a whole year!

But things are looking up in 2023 and I feel ready to cope with this one again.

The first thing I did during this 10 hours was finish off 919, red copper, on pages 14-16 (bottom right). That took me up to the following statistics at the end of colour 12 - 50.08% complete after 264 hours 30 minutes and 33,621 stitches. Here are the end-of 11th and 12 colour comparison pictures at what is now officially just over the half way mark... woo-hoo!!!



The remaining 5 hours and 30 minutes were then used to make a good start on colour number 13, 898 very dark coffee brown. This is sparsely distributed in the top half, and slightly denser in the bottom half, so given that I only completed the top half, you probably won't notice a lot of difference but, trust me, it's there!



Now that I'm officially over half way through I'm no longer going to show the comparisons at the end of each colour, mainly because each colour should take between 8-12 hours so those photos will be similar to the ten hour progress ones. However, they will still appear on the dedicated page tab at the top if you're interested.

Now that I'm back with this, let's hope I can keep it up!

Take care,
Rachel x

3 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

Oooh I'm so excited to see this again! Glad you're coming back to it now. And just over 50%, now if that's not a good motivator I don't know what is!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Yay for an Autumn update in Spring! Love the colour by colour photos.

Katie said...

Love the color by color change. Such a neat way to stitch it.