Saturday 4 March 2023

People's Choice SAL - Science

Hello all!

It's the first Saturday of the month so time for the People's Choice SAL run by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching. Continued thanks to Jo for hosting this unique SAL which has a different theme each month.



This month's theme is Science.

With a bit of shoe-horning, just about anything could be defined as 'science'. Often it's divided into Biology, Chemistry and Physics (three subjects I absolutely hated at school!) but those are very broad subject headings.

I can't recall stitching anything related to Science, so have done my usual trawl through etsy.

There are loads of Biology charts available but I am not drawn towards stitching the internal organs of the human body or structures of viruses! I did, however, find this version of DNA by HipsterStitchInc, which is a little less gory!



For Chemisty, here's the obvious Periodic Table. Learning the order of elements was about the only thing in Chemistry I did enjoy! This version is by HollysHobbiesUK:



I also found this chart called Beaker(s)! by ScienceAndStitchery. I like charts that have a clever sense of humour:



I seem to be drawn towards potion bottles at the moment and, since bottles can be used to hold chemical concoctions, I'm shoe-horning them into Chemistry.

I have finished Elixir Of Life, started Elixir Of Luck, and am patiently waiting to begin the other Elixirs. These are currently not available on etsy as the designer, CrazyBlendShop, is based in Russia.






As for Physics, well, when my daughter is studying Astro/Nuclear/Quantum/Thermo Physics at uni I have to show some sort of interest! Since Maths is closely linked to Physics, I'm going to shoe-horn that in too.

Years ago, when we all sat around the dinner table together, we would often talk about maths and try to remember pi to as many places as possible. This is Apple Pi by NerdyLittleStitcher, another clever chart (assuming it's correct!)



And, to finish, here is a set of Comedy Science Christmas Trees by ClimbingGoatDesigns. Again, it's another design with clever play on words (in fact Clare has designed lots of interesting and clever Christmas trees, including dragons, mermaids, and one for cross stitchers if you're interested...)



So there's my trawl through Science. Next month's theme is TBA.

Take care,
Rachel x

6 comments:

Toki said...

Hello Rechel.
Is a distinct table of chemistry stitched together? Look like a poster. That's excellent.

The bottle is likely to appear in the American drama “Grimm” that I saw before.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People’s Choice this month. I think you did really well considering! I counted bottles as part of Science too. I thought of Pi but decided Maths might appear one month. I adore that apple design, so clever!

Faith... said...

I think the colors make the DNA chart look interesting. I think the bottles are pretty. I used tot have a bunch of colored bottles that I kept in the window so the sun would shine through them. I absolutely think the tree are hilarious!!

Katie said...

Fun charts you shared. I'm not really into Science either. I love the different bottles charted. How fun.

Astrids dragon said...

Your Elixir of Life looks great, I like the green.
Beaker - Love him!

Leonore Winterer said...

Ooh, great choices! I especially love the little trees in the end.