Friday 17 March 2023

Autumnal Baby Dragon - finished!

And hello again!

I was hoping to squeeze another finish into February, and only failed by two days because of waiting for a delivery of beads. But with MM in full flow, I forgot to post this finish so here it is now!

This is Autumnal Baby Dragon (did you guess from ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿ‰?!) the first of the 17 projects started for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Stitching Challenge. Here's my start from that day:



Between October and December last year, when I was stitching for only 5-10 minutes per day, this was the project I worked on every one of those days. It may have only been a few stitches but 5-10 minutes each day all added up, meaning by the end of the year I'd achieved this much:



That left just a little bit of stitching, all the backstitching and some french knots (aka beads) to add. So now they're done, here's the finished piece:

Autumnal Baby Dragon by PatternsBySAstitch (etsy)
Stitched on 16ct Tea Stain over-dyed aida
Started - 23rd July 2021
Finished - 2nd March 2023
Total stitching time - 23 hours 10 minutes


I don't 'love' the beads but, to me, they are far better than suffering the pain of french knots! I do, however, love the whole design, especially as it combines two of my favourite things - dragons and autumn.

That's now eight WIPs whipped so far this year; 2023 is definitely off to a good start!

Take care,
Rachel x

4 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my......adorable!!!! Love it!!!!

Astrids dragon said...

OMGoodness, so precious! That's a tempting one to stitch for sure.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

He’s soooo cute! I did guess closely LOL

Leonore Winterer said...

I'd totally forgotten about him - good thing you haven't! He's sooo cute.