Wednesday 29 March 2023

April A-Z Challenge 2023

Morning all!

Despite planning to have no plans this year, 2023 is becoming a year of 'months'; January and February were finishing WIPs, March was new starts, July will be Christmas, October will be Dark October, and November probably more new starts. So what about the other months?

Well, I have a definite idea for May, and here's a (maddish) plan for April...



Back in the mid 2010s, an April A-Z Challenge was circulating around blogland, not just to do with stitching, but anything A-Z related. The Challenge was to do/make/whatever something related to a letter of the alphabet each day throughout the month of April (excluding Sundays) starting with A at the beginning and finishing with Z at the end.

In 2016 I joined in, stitching a Humerous Alphabet project and posting that day's letter along with some other letter-related things (the label is on the left if you want to take a more in-depth look).



Since then, I haven't wanted to undertake another. However...

Whilst looking through my list of WIPs, deciding which ones to finish next, I noticed that they covered most letters of the alphabet. So I thought, how about reviving the A-Z Challenge by working on an A-Z of 26 WIPs during April?

It's actually not as mad as it first seems; firstly, I'll only be working on WIPs (something I would have done anyway) and secondly, the 'fun-factor' of working on each project will determine whether or not it progresses onto my short-list of WIPs to finish this year; it'll be a bit of a trial-run I suppose.

To fit the whole alphabet into the month (and there will have to be some shoe-horning for the more 'difficult' letters) I'll have to stitch on the first Sunday. The other four Sundays will then be used to post round-ups of the previous week's progress.

It's going to be a busy month, especially with all the regular SAL posts still going on around it, but it's something different and something I'm really excited about. Wish me luck!

Take care,
Rachel x

6 comments:

Ann C. said...

Good Luck with your A-Z challenge, this sounds like a very fun way to work on your WIPS!! I wish I could join you, but since I only work on one project at a time I have no WIPS. :( I will follow along and cheer you from the sidelines.

Faith... said...

I wish you tons of luck my friend! I look forward to seeing what you will find to stitch on and may you find some fun WIPs that you want to continue to work on in the upcoming months.

Faith... said...

ps...inquiring minds want to know, what's coming up in May???

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What an awesome idea! I remember those A-Z challenges. I never did one but they certainly filled by Reader up!

Are you doing Maynia in May?

Leonore Winterer said...

Oooh, that's a great idea! I think changing WIPs every day would drive me a little crazy, but I'm looking forward to seeing how you do.

Katie said...

Fun. I look forward to watching your progress.