Saturday 7 January 2023

People's Choice SAL - Designer of 2023

Hello all!

It's the first Saturday of the month so time for the People's Choice SAL run by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching. Continued thanks to Jo for hosting this unique SAL which has a different theme each month.



This month's theme is Designer of 2023.

Usually I would find this theme easy, having meticulously planned my stitching for the year ahead. But having no plans this year means I don't know exactly what I will be stitching on!

One definite designer I will be stitching in 2023, though, is Durene Jones as she will be providing my Smalls SAL piece, or maybe pieces, each month in the form of her Red and White Advent Calendar.

I've stitched a lot from her in the past - in fact I think she is my most stitched designer - so it's no surprise she's featuring again. These small and easy monochrome pieces should nicely ease me back into stitching. They won't all be red though - I'll throw in some other Christmassy colours too, such as green for the day 6 tree and yellowy-gold for the day 12 bell:



Another designer I would like to stitch this year is one whose charts currently dominate my etsy wishlist, and that is TeenyWeenyXStitch.

I first came across TeenyWeenyXStitch when I was searching for something like 'magic potion bottles' and this popped up. I instantly fell in love with how sweet they all were!



Naturally, my nosiness led me into the store, and I felt like a kiddie in a sweet shop! So many lovely little designs, many of which can be bought as bundles (they even offer the purchase of the whole store's current and future (excluding SALs) contents, if you wish!)

Designs revolve around such things as magic, world landmarks, art, culture, Halloween, Christmas, and many, many more. Here are a selection of my favourites:





There's even one for our Serendipitous host (you're welcome!)



And the best thing is, they're all small and easy, hence the store name!

Looking at the store again, I think I may be tempted in purchasing one or two bundles to use for the Smalls SAL. What better way to re-engage with cross stitching than by purchasing new stash and starting new projects?! Here's a link to the store if you're interested ;)

Disclaimer - I am showing TeenyWeenyXStitch through personal choice and am in no way associated with or being paid to promote it, etc. etc. etc.


Oh, and this has recently popped up; I wouldn't stitch it as a temperature SAL, but I. LOVE. IT!!!:



Next month's theme is Way With Words - love the illiteration, Jo!

Take care,
Rachel x

5 comments:

jocondine said...

Great show, amazing patterns from TeenyWeeny! How can you manage to chose among all those fantastic designs! xxx

Leonore Winterer said...

Fabulous Choice by Durene, these monochrome patterns can look stunning!
I hadn't seen TeenyWeeny yet, and shall go check it out. I'll hold you personally responsible for anything that falls into my basket!

Katie said...

I love Durene Jones too. I will enjoy watching your progress. I've seen the temperature SAL and it's pretty but not something I would enjoy. Thankfully haha. The tiny pieces are adorable. I'm not looking....right now haha.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People’s Choice this month. Those Durene Jones designs are lovely and just the right size for a small!
Teeny Weeny is the same designer as Stitch It Picasso, and I’m doing the Temperature SAL. It’s amazing! Because he uses four shades for each colour it isn’t lots of boring green even if the temperature stays steady all week.
I may need to visit the teeny side of the shop now!

Faith... said...

Those would make some awesome ornaments for Christmas. Small (yay, yay; I know, I know!) and cute! My goodness the TeenyWeenyXStitch shop's inventory certainly isn't Teeny Weeny and it looks like a pretty good variety. I am going to try to remember to check them out later. Funny you would point out a temperature chart. I kept track of our temps all last year and I purchased a bookshelf chart that I plan on starting, maybe this week! LOL